User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spacing table in IE & FireFox

hello people...

I have a table on a page. Directly below it is a graphic. When I look at the page in IE it is spaced fine. When I look at it in FireFox it is directly below the table which is too close.

How would I go about spacing the table (I guess it is the padding around the table itself) so that it is even?

Thank You!

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Do you have some example code we can see as it could be a number of things .

The space outside elements is their margins. The space inside elements is their padding. Ie and firefox apply different defaults to certain elements and this may account for the difference.

If you set margins the margins and padding to the distance you require then that may address the problem. However we really need to see the code to see what structure you have and how the page is laid out.

Paul

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul...

Thank you for your input. I actually got it to work out by reworking the graphic (archaic I know but a quick fix).

I really need to brush up on my CSS. I know basic things but it seems so much more to it all. Like I am merely scrapping the crust.

Thanks again Paul.

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Like I am merely scrapping the crust
    lol - I still feel like that as there is always something more to learn CSS is worth sticking with though as it can be quite rewarding when you get to grips with it (but it can be a bit of a pain at first though).

Paul