SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3com wireless card/network issues

I just started up my laptop up as usual, but to discover the wireless network icon had a red x on it and says it cant find the network, tried rescanning but nothing. I rebooted the router but no change. I havent changed any settings on the router since it was last working. I removed and installed the driver, still no difference. I have no idea what this could be, any ideas?

Im on windows xp home.

Thanks

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can others connect to the router? can you connect to a different access point?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive only got the one wireless card, i dont think its the router, i think its windows. I was reading an article about people having problems with wireless after resuming from hibernate or standby (which i did, from hibernate) but ive rebooted....says they fixed this in SP2...obviously not!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, very stange. I got it working, this is what i did:

hibernated again, woke it up, uninstalled the wireless card, reboot, reinstalled.

"using a Windows PC is a little different than using a mac...its not so much operating computers as it is sort of tricking it, fooling it into doing what it is you really want it to do...you kind of have to sneak up on a windows pc....i dont feel like i'm operating the pc so much as i'm just there sharing the windows experience"..