User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adjusmtents on invision power board?

Hi,
    I've got the free limited trial version of ivb but am trying to work out how to adjust the size of the font, the type of font, and the colour of the font that is viewed after a post has been made?

Could anybody guide me?

Many Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's in the CSS

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    P.S. As I on on this topic, could someone tell me the best option or the easiest option to choose from when comparing vbulletin and ipb.

My main requirement is to find the easiest one to use to customize and to have a really good confident feeling of being in control. I am not a programmer.

Any advice would be appreciated. I don't want to have to spend hours learning how to configure it, or to learn something before I can configure it. I dont want to have to do a course in CSS or HTML or PHP before I set it up and adjust each and everything.

Thanks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it is in the CSS, but where and which one in the CSS, I have read alot and spent a few hours on it, I didn't just take the lazy option and post here without doing any reading

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in the board you can got to Skins And Templates----> Skin Manager---->Click on skin------>Then edit Root Skin Colours (CSS Easy Mode)

Thaqt should do it

EDIT: All this is in the ADMIN CP
    "Am I the only one doing ASP.NET in Delphi(Pascal)?"

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Webnoob,

yeah I got that far, I managed to change the colour, seems pretty ok, but I couldn't get it to change the size of the font..

Any idea what I can be doing wrong?

Thanks

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    let me have a look at mine and ill play around and get back to you. BRB

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it that u couldnt see the secrtion where you change the font size, or is it that it didnt work when you tried it??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny. I guess this is what happens after when IPB closed their free support forums. Check out www.invisionize.com for free support.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, Yeah it is so annoying, I download the trial limited version as I obviously wanted to make a buying decision and have narrowed it down to between invision board and vbulletin, but both of them don't give any informaiton out.

I mean it seems strange, I have absolutely no gripe about paying the IPB license, if it works its worth it, but I dont want to buy it then find I have to spend hours learning how to use it, eg. I want one that suits my needs..and so it is tough to find support...anywhere.

Thanks for the tips.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by webnoob
    is it that u couldnt see the secrtion where you change the font size, or is it that it didnt work when you tried it??
    Hi Webnoob, I appreciate your help m8, I'll give it another go, I could not find out which section to adjust......

I will try it again and report back.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok I got into Manage Style Sheets [ Colours ] and then it brings up alot of different areas that you can adust, this is where I adjusted the colour, but then adjusting the text font size doesn't seem to do anything.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    u have to edit some code to change the font size, if you did that make sure u edited the right bit

Im not sure usability is great on invision, i have it and have found that using it can be tricky and sometimes you have to do "some" coding!

Try asking one of the admin of Vbulliten Board to let u kno whow this is, its kinda hard to compare considering there is no legal way to try Vbulletin Board for free!!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that is a totally amazing site, I have been trying to figure this out, and it is not in the instruction documents or manual, now I have recieved a relpy straight away in that forum you mentioned.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey webnoob, I've got access to a vbulletin forum to play with it before I buy it or not, but I don't have access to their forum, otherwise I would ask and post, I am thinking about buying a second hand license, but either way I need to find out which is the easiest one to use.

You see, even you don't know how to change the font......the correct answer is:

You have to Edit .postcolor for the font size, now is that confusing or not?

Anyway I have heard/been told that the learning curve is bigger on vbulletin, so I'm in the process or learning which one is the easiest to become comfortable with.

If you have any questions, I advise checking out the site that biggazilla gave its good....

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know i use it for all my invision needs from skinning to Q&A. Stick with it im sure ull find out which siuts you the most.

Good Luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taylor1
    Hey guys, Yeah it is so annoying, I download the trial limited version as I obviously wanted to make a buying decision and have narrowed it down to between invision board and vbulletin, but both of them don't give any informaiton out.
    Well, don't spend too much time learning 1.3, as the latest version uses a completely different skinning system, and whatever you do in 1.3 won't work in 2.x.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OH hi,

I'm using the latest version thanks.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to make sure I know how to do the basics without needing to be a programming genius.