SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: e-mail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi everyone! I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong section. How can I send an e-mail to someone so that when they open it they can't close it until they read the whole thing. Can I make it so when they open it reads the message to them and then they can close it?? I want to make sure the person reads my message. I know as soon as they open it and see it is from me they will close it and won't read it. What can I do??

~Thanks

Formerly known as RockNRollPig Shpigford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't think of any way to do this. Especially one that won't make people hate you and whatever reason you sent it. There are far to many e-mail programs that interpret things differently for there to be an effective way to accomplish this. Maybe instead of trying to force someone to read your e-mail, you should work on actually giving them a reason to read it. Apparently you're doing something people don't really care for if you know they'll close it right when they see it's from you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No it is only one person that won't read it. We are sort of in a fight. I just want to tell him something. So I need to force him to read it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mutzy188
    No it is only one person that won't read it. We are sort of in a fight. I just want to tell him something. So I need to force him to read it.
    Then call him or something. E-mail is a horrible way to "have a fight." Coding something to "force" somebody to read something would be a ton of trouble for a little disagreement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He does not answer my calls. I have even sent him things but he has just sent it back. He does not even open it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He does not answer my calls. I have even sent him things but he has just sent it back. He does not even open it.
    It is possible that he just has no desire to have any form of communication with you and that my friend is just life. Even if you could "force" him to open your e-mail all he would have to do is force his e-mail program to close...simple as that.

{switch to counseling mode}
    Maybe what you guys relationship needs is "time". Try giving him a few days to cool off and then try contacing him again. Heck, it's the holidays. I'm sure he's got better things to do that argue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have given him 6 months to cool off and he is still mad and I don't know why. I want to find out why. It's not the kind of relationship you are thinking about. He is my uncle. I don't know what I did to make him mad. I just want to tell him something. I sent him a Christmas present and he sent it back. I just want to know why he is mad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no way to force someone to read a message. Even if you would send him a voice file and chain him to the chair he could still la-la-la-la-la out your message .

Why not simply dropping by and ask him face-to-face whats wrong. If this isnt an option for whatever reason I would contact someone I know he is in contact with and ask this person to act as middle man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't go to talk to him because he lives 1468.57 miles away. I'm 15 and he is 50 something. I can't contact a middle-man.

So there is no way I can make it so he can't close the e-mail until he listens to the whole thing??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't go to talk to him because he lives 1468.57 miles away. I'm 15 and he is 50 something. I can't contact a middle-man.
    Okay, this ruled out the option "simply drop by" . Why cant you contact a middle man? Isnt there anybody you both know? A friend of him for example?

So there is no way I can make it so he can't close the e-mail until he listens to the whole thing??
    I am sorry, but no, there is no way. If he does not want to take notice of you there is nothing you can do about that, I am sorry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no1 that we both know that I could get to do that. Can I make a website or something that gives him a ton of pop-ups that I can write my message on. Can I make a program or something??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no1 that we both know that I could get to do that. Can I make a website or something that gives him a ton of pop-ups that I can write my message on. Can I make a program or something??
    I'll be honest. All your ideas that you've come up with so far would actually make me want to talk to you less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know. There is just something I really want 2 tell him. I know he does not ever want to talk 2 me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know. There is just something I really want 2 tell him. I know he does not ever want to talk 2 me.
    Like I, and others, have said, you can't make anybody listen to you or even acknowledge you. We've suggested numerous things for you try but you immediately say that's impossible. I know people that end up going YEARS without talking but one day everything just kinda pans out. I realize you guys haven't talked in months, but sometimes you just have to be patient...really patient.

What I do not suggest doing is something intrusive or just plain annoying to try to get a hold of him (forcing him to read something like an e-mail or with pop-ups or something like that).

You can only do so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I can only do so much. I'll probably have 2 wait. I have 1 last question. Is there a way i can send him something in an email that will change his wallpaper 2 what i want it 2 b?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I can only do so much. I'll probably have 2 wait. I have 1 last question. Is there a way i can send him something in an email that will change his wallpaper 2 what i want it 2 b?
    Not that I know of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok. thanks everyone for your help.