SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazon Gift Certificate in my country?

I'm about to get my Affiliate commission paid to me in the form of a Gift Certificate. I assume this certificate will be in dollers, so can I use it if i'm in the the UK? Any ideas would be helpfull.

Non-Member bronze trophy geniusgoalie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggd
    I'm about to get my Affiliate commission paid to me in the form of a Gift Certificate. I assume this certificate will be in dollers, so can I use it if i'm in the the UK? Any ideas would be helpfull.
    I have no experience with amazon payment, but I believe that it should work in the UK- I can't see why not. There are a lot of webmasters in the UK, so amazon would lose a lot of business if this wasnt possible.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, has anyone had any experience with this? Its just that I don't think the amazon.com sites mails books to the uk, see i'm affialted with the .com version of the site not the .co.uk version.

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They do mail books to the UK! Heck, I even ordered a couple last week, and I'm in Brazil. Whether it's affordable is another matter... I suggest you look into the Amazon.co.uk, especially if your site visitors are from the UK. You can always let them choose, of course. In which case you'll have two "separate" accounts.

Pedro.