SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation I'm Screwed! (Javascript/Flash/Mozilla Bug)

I'm using the MoockFPI to deliver Flash content to my page and just found out that Mozilla is having trouble with it. Everything looks fine, but there is a form in part of the Flash file that Mozilla users cannot fill out. Does anyone have a clue as to why Mozilla would have difficulty showing part of a Flash file that other browsers have no problem showing?

My file is at www.portlandstudios.com/cards

Click on a card and try to fill out the form in Mozilla. None of the fields are editable although the tab order works fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

SitePoint Wizard gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy dc dalton's Avatar
    Right behind you, watching, always watching.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont know about that issue because in FF 1.0 (windows) I can even get a card to load from your thumbnails - the hyperlink is REALLY flaky!

EDIT: I was able to finally get a card to load after I clicked and dragged around the thumbnails for 5 minutes! Not good at all! Its a BEAUTIFUL site and some of the card artwork is simply amazing but no one is going to deal with that bug!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The server was just down which may explain the thumbnail issue. If anyone has any ideas on why the Flash does not seem to work the same way in Mozilla, I'd be very appreciative!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just retested it on 2 different machines in FF 1, Mozilla 7 Netscape 7.2 and Im having the exact same problem in all 3 ...... Tested it in IE, no problem .... you may want to check the Flash site for known bugs in these moziila / gecko browsers cause as I said before it takes me a good 30 clicks and some dragging to get the card to show up....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just remembered reading about a bug that happens when you are trying to communicate between Flash and external javascript .... i was trying to do something with that a few months ago and after reading about all the problems I gave up on the idea ........... you MAY have the same issues here

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Still no solution?!

Too bad that since this post was done, still no work has been done at that specific page. I tested it a few minutes ago (Firefox 4.7), and I found that that terrible bug still occurs.

I am trying to fix a bug like that as well, just this time I want to change some Flash-values by using JavaScript. See http://tenfeet.paardekam.nl/site/ to see what I mean.

The Flash-movies are changed everytime the grey IFRAME is reloaded. The JavaScript in that page uses SetVariable to change the Flash contents. It does not seem to work in Firefox and Opera. Can anyone help me with it?

Regards,

Robin Paardekam