SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buttering Up the Media

I have found that some of the best advertising is the free kind - on local media. I own a local website, where it is no secret that local magazines and newspapers can provide a great resource if they give you some good plugs.

My question is - what's a good way to "butter up" the media? I've thought of a gift pack with promotional items - what are some things to include that would not get thrown out? I'm sure they get free stuff all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm.. perhaps you could send them an appropriately bizarre free gift along with your advertising slogan ..

I once received a toothbrush in the post from Hostway along with the message:

"You wouldn't share your toothbrush with anyone else ... so why share your web hosting?"

Although I haven't signed up with them (mainly because I can't afford it ), it certainly drew my attention

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by willmoss
    hmm.. perhaps you could send them an appropriately bizarre free gift along with your advertising slogan ..

I once received a toothbrush in the post from Hostway along with the message:

"You wouldn't share your toothbrush with anyone else ... so why share your web hosting?"

Although I haven't signed up with them (mainly because I can't afford it ), it certainly drew my attention
    Haha!! That's brilliant!