User Tag List

Thread: open new window

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

open new window

I want to create a small 300x300 pop up window (for faq) and I want it centered in the browser. I would like it chromeless but with scrollbars.

What would the code be?

Also, I want to create tooltips over a "?" link. A small tiny window about 100x50 or so when you hover over it (or pop up). I found a script from Hot Scripts but it didn't work for me probably because my site is in frames. Can you recommend any simple script that will work in frames?

Using php

Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure that you want to use a pop up window? With the proliferation of pop up window killers your FAQ may never get seen. Huge advantage of PHP is the ability to carry a session id around with each unique visit so opening a new page in _self is not a problem.

As to how to do it......normal html something like
    <a href="javascript:;" onClick="MM_openBrWindow('FAQ.php','','scrollbars=no,width=700,height=400')">

then run the sql statements to get the content in FAQ.php

my sixpenny worth, no warranties!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I didn't mean automatic pop up windows, but popup at the click of a link (shouldn't that work even with popup blocks on, most of the time anyway?)

Thansk for your help. I will try it out. In the meantime, anyone else know about tool tips in frames?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortuantely that didn't work.

<a href="javascript:;" onClick="MM_openBrWindow('http://talkjesus.com/shoutbox.php','','scrollbars=yes,width=250,height=250')">[?]</a>

and

<a href="javascript:;" onClick="MM_openBrWindow('shoutbox.php','','scrollbars=yes,width=250,height=250')">[?]</a>