SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any known reasons for AdWords not to work?

I have 2 Google AdWords accounts that belong to my partner (registered to one name). The second account was used in order to reactivate disabled keywords. I am not sure (but I think so), that the accounts were never used simultaneously to promote the same URL. This is probably all the info, that seems to be available.

At some point it became impossible to run ads under any of the accounts. You create a campaign, etc. - and nothing happens. No ads, no impressions, no clicks. No info from Google.

My partner emailed several emails to Google - no reply.

I've tried both "stupid" tests: running ads for the same URL under my own account (registered under a different name) - no problem; running an ad for a different URL under one of the partner's accounts - no luck.

Anyone khows what can possibly be the problem?
    Agava Software Company
    http://www.spamprotexx.com - the world's simplest spam filter
    http://dsfilters.agava.com - audio/video software development

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you've tried to trick Google and they caught on. Good for Google.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I perfectly understand how it sounds. But the following would be more useful:

1. Quote of TOS that was broken.

2. Suggestions on how to fix the situation (Google does not respond to emails).
    Agava Software Company

King of Paralysis by Analysis bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew A. Okunev
    I perfectly understand how it sounds. But the following would be more useful:

1. Quote of TOS that was broken.

2. Suggestions on how to fix the situation (Google does not respond to emails).
    Beg google to let you back in, but I wouldn't hold my breath. You got caught cheating and they tend to frown on that sort of thing.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My conversion do match what Google's conversion tool states

Currently I track conversions from Google by using their conversion tool and by appending my own source code to each of the links used in my campaign. The results over the past month have shown that Google's conversion tool states that there are more conversions than the amount of orders that come through with the source code. How is that possible. I know people can turn off their cookies but if they do than they cannot order from my site. So that cannot be the problem. Is Google's conversion tool accurate or does it pad the conversions to make it look like you are getting more conversions than you actually are?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris W
    Sounds like you've tried to trick Google and they caught on. Good for Google.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Dont try to cheat google, b/c in the long run it will hurt you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You broke a golden rule... Do Not Anger the Google Gods!

*Google Gods Angry!*

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks again.

1. I did not cheat on Google. My partner did. But its only "maybe" - see point 4.

2. Google is no God. It is a great company, but treating them as Gods puts you in a slave position and makes them even more powerful. A change of management, and the company might start using its powers in a different way. I like a lot of things about Google, and I wish them the best of luck, but I have a fieling that their growth will inevitably lead to a degradation of service quality (but I hope that does not happen).

3. What I do not understand about this situation, is the absense of absolutely any notification. If the account were closed or disabled, etc., I would have more understanding. Nut the ads are just not showing up. What I asked for is experiene of people, who were banned by Google before. Does it always behave like that? And does begging for "letting you back in" actually work? I don't think so.

4. I still do not understand what rule exactly was broken. Here's a quote from the TOS:

"Prohibited Uses. You shall not, and shall not authorize any party to: (a) generate automated or fraudulent impressions or clicks; or (b) advertise anything illegal or engage in any illegal or fraudulent business practice in any state or country where your ad is displayed. You represent and warrant that (x) all your information is correct and current; (y) you hold and grant Google and Partners all rights to copy, distribute and display your ads and Targets ("Use"); and (z) such Use and websites linked from your ads (including services or products therein) will not violate or encourage violation of any applicable laws. Violation of these policies may result in immediate termination of this Agreement or your account without notice and may subject you to legal penalties and consequences."

Where does it say, that several accounts cannot be registered under one credit card?
    Agava Software Company