SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, you're in Jackson, MS so anywhere you go would be an improvement and a nice get-away!

July + Florida and the Caribbean = Hurricane season!

A nice log cabin near a stream in the Great Smokey Mountains, near Gatlinburg, TN. Rustic and quiet, with a hot tub. When you need to "come up for air", there's whitewater rafting, take a helicopter tour of the Smokies, ride go-karts, bungee-jump, see Dollywood, hike along the trails and get poison oak where you never thought you would get it, etc.

Or, if you like night life, excitement, etc. you can't beat Las Vegas! All kinds of deals available, and lots to do and see even if you are not a gambler. Get a room with a huge king size round bed that rotates, a jacuzzi, and a great view and you got most of your trip planned right there!

Wherever you go, congratulations and all the best wishes! I've had 5 wonderful years of marriage. The other 12 were just so-so! We never did really have a honeymoon, and by now we're at the point where separate honeymoons sound like a good idea!
    The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen
    and stupidity. - Harlan Ellison
    Retirement Communities and Senior Housing Options
    Freecycle.org

Ohio - U.S.A. Outlook: Cautiously Optimistic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went to Jamaica and stayed here I highly recommend it. They treat you like royalty and with it being all-inclusive, the food and beer never runs out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We did the mountain thing. Got married in Vail, Co. and took family and some friends, stayed around with them for a few days, then headed up to Steamboat for a week. (This was August). I would have been equally happy doing a warm island thing.

I have a couple clients that could hook you up. One owns a great house in Grand Cayman. The place is the ultimate honeymoon destination. We went there 2 years ago for a vacation. It was probably the best vacation I have ever had (except maybe Meribel France and Costa Del Sol Spain in one trip)

The other client owns 500 timeshare weeks in Cancun at the Palace Resorts. He is reselling them at a nice discount compared to normal prices. It's all inclusive. There are 6 or 7 resorts to choose from, but I hear Moon Palace is the nicest. If you want adult only and a more spa type atmosphere the Aventura Spa Palace. We are booked for Moon Palace in May.

I'll PM you the URLs for them. The Cancun site is now live but still needs about half of the content (you know how that goes!) The prices are on there but the guy is rethinking them since he was down there last month and they told him how much more he could be getting, so they will be changing soon.

If you really want to do Jamaica I hear that Couples is the best place to honeymoon.

Congrats!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to Sandals in Antigua a few years back and it was very nice. Good food too compared to some other all inclusives I've been to.

I understand the Sandals in St. Lucia is a gem.

Have Fun!
    I run an insurance company directory at InsuranceCompanies.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we went to Playa Del Carmen in Mexico and stayed at the All inclusive resort Gran Porto Real Resort and Spa. Playa Del Carmen is only 15 mins from cancun, so you won't have to worry about it being over touristy, but yet is close enough to go over at night for the clubs. The Island of Cozomel is also great to visit and the ferry is located in Playa Del Carmen.

The place is charming and not too busy, very laid back with a nice market street to walk and explore. The resort was all inclusive, including the drinks, unlike some places.

It was rather cheap I thought. We spent 7 nights 8 days and the cost came in below $2000 after everything, including the flights. Oh, and it safe there too. I spent about 6 months researching different places, and this was just right.

But that was two years ago, and alot of construction was going on nearby, so it might be built up by now. It worth checking into though. Hope that helps in your quest for a honeymoon spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CAndle lighr dinner and something good ater that

Formerly known as RockNRollPig Shpigford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c5_m4r5h4l_
    CAndle lighr dinner and something good ater that