SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Layout does not work in IE6

http://64.139.47.125/contact/ProductIndividual.aspx
    http://localhost/Contact/ProductIndividual.aspx

I know there is an element wider than the containing div. It's expanding the page in IE. I just can't find it.

I'm hoping another set of eyes will catch it.

While I'm here, does anyone know how to add a more logical structure to my CSS? Anyone know of a tool that will help with this?

Right now I have general declarations at the top of the page. Then I break it up by page.

Thanks

Chuck
    "Happiness doesn't find you, you find happiness" -- Unknown
    www.chuckknows.com

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nevermind I managed to fix it.
    "Happiness doesn't find you, you find happiness" -- Unknown
    www.chuckknows.com

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Right now I have general declarations at the top of the page. Then I break it up by page.
    Glad you fixed it

I usually have the common styles at the top of the page and I try to keep them in the logical order of the page flow. In that way you can more or less know where things are to be found in the css as they will correspond to the position in the html.

If its a small site then I will list the pages underneath as they are constructed. If the css file gets to about 15k and contains more than the code for one page then I will begin to split the pages out into separate files or separate file groups. (e.g one css file for a group of files that belong togetehr (maybe a directory etc) )

I also try to keep styles that refer to the same things to stay together so that you don't have to go looking up and down for some part of it. Some people separate all their colours into one block and backgrounds into another but I think that makes it harder. If I have a style called #test the I want everything that belongs to it to be in the one block.

Its all a matter of preference really and what makes it easier for you to manage

Paul