SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Bruno Delepierre
    SitePoint Community Guest
    I don't know if this is the right forum to ask but moderator, feel free to move it

Recently I have encountered a site that has some check boxes and when checked you subscribe to some affiliate services . I would like to know if it's possible to do this automatically or if he has to enter all the data by hand. The site that uses this principle is http://www.moneyreign.com

I want to emphasize I'm not going to use this technique for 'tricked' affiliate money but I would like to know about the principle that stands behind it . How does this site manage to get the subscription information into the forms of his affiliate programs. Is it possible to do something like this automatically or does he have to insert all data by hand.

Thanks in advance ( and sorry for the rusty english )

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of I am not entirely sure what you mean by "affiliate services", but I will take it to me inclusion on an email list or username/ password access to a website. I also haven't looked at the site you mentioned, so this may or may not be what they do. One thing is for certain though, they will use some sort of server side process such as PHP scripting.

One way of automaticly subscribing someone to an email list would be to send an email using their address to a majordomo account. This is a very widely used method of automaticly subscribing to mailing lists, and you may well already know about it. If you don't and you want to know more do a search you will come up with thousands of pages of info.

Another is to use server side scripting to enter their details in a database. As long as the permission is set up right this can even access a database on another sites server. The other site then has your details and can use other server side scripts to email you stuff, create a user account, etc, etc.

Hopefully this is what you meant and I haven't missed the point and just told you a heap of stuff you already knew.
    jonathan

Bruno Delepierre
    SitePoint Community Guest
    Hey jonathan,

First of all thanks a lot for explaining the basic principles behind this method. I have heard already something of a majordomo program but I don't know the details yet : I will definitely take a look at it in a more detailed way. You are right about the affiliate services : you have to check a checkbox and then you will be subscribed for a newsletter...

Thanks again and if I can be of any help ( I'm a website marketeer ) just let me know.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're welcome, and thanks for the offer. I don't have any plans to do any website marketering right now, but you never know.
    jonathan