SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hello, all!

i used using *top frame* on my page to hold all the contents, but when i previewed it, i found out that this frame was not scrollable! are all the frames other than main frame always not scrollable? what can i do to make it scrollable? ^^"

i'm using top frame to hold essays because i'm having the main frame to be the bottom frame. (sorry if it sounds confusing ) however, if i do it in the regular way, as add bottom frame, then when the visitors view it in full-screen mode, the bottom frame always stays at the bottom, where the other frames go to the top! so there is a big black gap in between... and i don't want that...

a friend of mine told me that you can have all the frames in the middle by using lots of framesets, in other words, frames in frames in frames. o_O anyone has any clues?

thanks for listening.

Bimbo With A Brain! silver trophy Saz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is part of the html of my frames page....

<FRAMESET rows="77,*,66" FRAMESPACING="0" FRAMEBORDER="0" BORDER="0">
    <FRAME SRC="title.htm" NAME="title" SCROLLING="NO">
    <FRAME SRC="home.htm" SCROLLING="AUTO" NAME="main">
    <FRAME SRC="buttons.htm" NAME="buttons" SCROLLING="NO">

If you click on my homepage button above, you can see the site that this frameset is used for.

The top frame is called 'title', it's 77 pixels high and is set not to scroll as it isn't required.

The middle frame is called 'main', the height is variable and it scrolls as this is where all my content loads into.

The bottom frame is called 'buttons' and is used for navigation. The height is fixed at 66 pixels and again it is set not to scroll. All the links from the buttons have the target set to 'main', ensuring that the link clicked on opens in my main frame.

I'm not quite sure that this is what you were getting at, but as you can see, the frames can be customised to suit your needs. Just be aware that if you set all your frames to scroll, you will end up with scroll bars everywhere and it looks horrible.
    Saz: Naturally Blonde, Naturally Dizzy!
    No longer Editor of the Community Crier.

Don't mind me, I'm having a BLONDE moment!