User Tag List

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help Needed With PayPal IPN and PHP

Hi there,

I am planning on setting up a small hosting business. As I don't have the resources to invest in a costly billing system such as ModernBill yet, I have been looking at writing a very simple billing script of my own.

Basically I want to record the customer's details in a database, send them to the PayPal payment page, then have them sent back to my site so I can record their payment number and view the status of their payment.

I have looked at scripts with do this sort of thing, but they all seem so complex. I know how to put normal details in a database and then recall them but I am not sure how to associate a payment with a user's order so I can easily see, say by logging into a basic admin panel, whether their payment was successful or not. I want to do this with PHP and mySQL.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Thank you

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opps. I obviously didn't search hard enough There was a thread with the following link: http://www.zend.com/zend/tut/tutorial-paypal.php which looks very helpful. I will read through that and then post all my questions

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's also a Developer section within the Paypal site that actually has some PHP code that can be used with the IPN.

You would then just have to grab the variables that the script creates, and insert them into your DB.