SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I went thru Godaddy.....

And they go thru Innovativegateway.com

My shopping cart is from ecommercetemplates.com

What are the other aspects of my Ecommerce stuff? I mean, Other than my shopping cart and Innovativegateway isn't there supposed to be something else. Everything is working great I'm just trying to learn more about my merchant account.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you also need an SSL or did you get that from them as well?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also got that from them. Everything is set up and I'm taking orders and everything is good but I'm just wanting to learn my Ecommerce front and back. But I keep hearing about all the different things within a merchant account, Gateway, Authorizer, ect. I just want to make sure I have a grasp on everything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like you are starting out. It can be a lot to take in, that's for sure. In all honesty though, you should have learned a lot of this before making your decisions on the SSL, gateway, and merchant account.

You always want to make sure that the service is not going to be charging you more than what most other providers are. You want to make sure the SSL cert is compatible on more than 95% of the browsers. You want to make sure the gateway is CISP compliant & has very little downtime. You want to make sure the processor is open 24 hours a day to answer questions.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, yes it's open 24 hours, ect. I didn't get the best deal out there but I got a fair deal