SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having read much information on Keywords, I am still confused about one thing:

Should I use different keywords on each page within my site that are relevant just to that specific page? And should I also use a specific description tag as well?

If I do use a different list of keywords on each page will I then get classed as a spammer and ignored as obviously there will be some words relevant to many pages?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

You should definitely use seperate meta tags on each of your pages, as long as they each have their own unique content. This will help visitors find your pages through specific topics, rather than just the main topic of your site.

Jason Weinstein
    webmaster@MaixmumEdge.com
    http://www.MaximumEdge.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it is a very good idea.

Make sure that you have keywords on each page that are specific to the content on that page.

When a spider visits and then revisits your page, it will index various pages. Make sure that the most important ones are within one click of your main page.

Then, when somebody searches for a term that is particular to the content on one of your pages, it is more likely that that page will come up in the results.

If all your pages have the same keywords, then you are limiting yourself.

Also, make sure you have meaningful content near the top of your page, and make sure your description is an actualy description. It may contain keywords, but they should be in a sentence.

Also make sure not to repeat any single word more than three time in the meta tags of any one page.
    [mmj] My magic jigsaw
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Bit Depth Blog Twitter Contact me
    Neon Javascript Framework Jokes Android stuff

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response. I can now go forth and conquer! (and hopefully have moderate success!!)
    Here for a good time, not a long time. Party On!