Comments, critics?
    Any bugs found?

Thanks

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've wasted the top third or half of the user's screen with the header graphic. It is simply too large. The most important information should be at the top of the screen, not a huge graphic that makes people scroll unnecessarily.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's just a vertical scroll I don't think it bothers

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still backgrounds = horrible

Put your best practices away. The New Guy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Still backgrounds are bad per say, however when you get that strange effect, where it seems like the website is moving than it does. Also is the top banner really needed? I think you should just get rid of it, and push the site up. Also whats with the apple plugin?
    "A nerd who gets contacts
    and a trendy hair cut is still a nerd"

- Stephen Colbert on Apple Users

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with the background. If you want to keep the basketball hardfloor get a more vivid image. That background looks dull and washed out.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basketball site

I like your graphic at the top though it appears too large when I first open your site. I was like, is this it? I like the navigation both on the side and at the top. The overall site is very busy, and not being a sports fan at all wouldnt take the time to read it but I believe people into basketball would. I would ditch the background graphic, whatever it is and go for the simple look, white. Overall, I think it looks well planned and thought out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Hi fantin. I like the idea of the gym floor, but it does need to be more vivid. The Euroscena Group and the Rondinella.com banners are to large. They slow down the page load.

Is the Euroscena Group banner essential to your site, if not then I would get rid of it. Why did you place the bird in the Rondinella.com banner? Is it a basketball reference or your standard company logo?

On the home page "Continua a leggere and Commenti" almost blends in with the background unless I mouse over it. However, "Continua a leggere and Commenti" are visible on your subpages.

On a positive side, I like your site overall. There seems to be a lot a information and news.

I'm using IE5. Keep up the good work!
    Sonic Rise - At the intersection of cars, nappy hair, and life!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shim
    Hi fantin. I like the idea of the gym floor, but it does need to be more vivid. The Euroscena Group and the Rondinella.com banners are to large. They slow down the page load.

Is the Euroscena Group banner essential to your site, if not then I would get rid of it. Why did you place the bird in the Rondinella.com banner? Is it a basketball reference or your standard company logo?

On the home page "Continua a leggere and Commenti" almost blends in with the background unless I mouse over it. However, "Continua a leggere and Commenti" are visible on your subpages.

On a positive side, I like your site overall. There seems to be a lot a information and news.

I'm using IE5. Keep up the good work!
    the bird is part of the team's logo
    The euroscena banner at the top is our big sponsor and I wanted to give it a viewble please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with most of the comments, The graphic header at the top is overly large and makes it a little more scrollable. I also think you should re-arrange your sponsor link maybe do what most sites do and put it in a side bar rather than at the top of the page, if you are going to keep your header the is def no room for both at the top of the page.

I also agree with the background picture, only in the sense that it does not really fit in with the colour scheme and is of an inferiour quality making it look not right at all.

Other than those few points there is not that much wrong