));

$user_body $t->parse("MyOutput1","email_user");
    $admin_body $t->parse("MyOutput2","email_admin");

echo 
    $user_body;
    echo 
    $admin_body;

?>
    using phplib's template class (thanks freddy!)

anyway, i would much prefere to store these specific templates (they are are for emails and i will have quite a lot of them) in a database, i tried this, replacing email_user.ihtml with $email for example but it does not work, it apparently thinks that $email is the name of the template file as opposed to the actual text i want parsed. Any ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The set_file, set_var and set_block methods all do EXACTLY the same thing - they create an internal template variable and return a handle by which it can be referenced.

set_file will load the information for the template variable from a specified file, while set_var will specify the template variable information in the function. As a result, if you want to store the template in a database all you need to do is retrieve it from the database and then use set_var in place of set_file to send it to the template class.

Simply load the template from the database into a PHP variable (for example $email_user_template), then use:

$t->set_var("email_user", $email_user_template);

To perform the function that you previously used set_file for.

The other (neater) way of doing it would be to extend or edit the Template class to add a new method called "set_dbtemplate" which accepts a database ID and loads the template from the database itself

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you so so so so much, as well as working it out and now understand what is going on a lot better, thank you.

I think you class idea is a good one, but i am going to complicate - i am going to try and work out how i could get an array of templates back based on an array of ids.. basically to save multiple queries. I guess doing the easy way first is an idea and then complicate it afterwards