SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

php start up: unable to load dynamic library!

I recently bought Build your own Database Driven Website using PHP an MYSQL (3RD EDITION0) . I went throught the instructions to load mysql and then PHP5. But wen I get to page 9, number 7 I get the following message.

php start up: unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP\ext\php_mysql.dll - The specified module could not be found.

Before this book I tried to install php4 with an installer included and then realised whe I bought this book I should use php5! I uninstalled php4 and then followed the instructions for mysql and then php5.

*I have IIS running on my computer.

Why is this happening?

steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check your php.ini in the extensions line... maybe c:/php/ext is not the extensions folder?
    Quasar - Web Development - Free Avatars

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is Asp.net conflicting here?

Thanks Ramiro Sfor suggestion. I will check it today as I uninstalled mysql and php yesterday and tried the 'xampp-win32-1.4.9-installer.exe' All in one package but that did not work either!!!!

My new question is since I have asp.net loaded on my system is this distrupting php and or mysql? If so is unistalling it the best way to get rid of it or di I need to reconfigure IIS after the unistalation of asp.net as well as maybe go into the registry and change something there?

Many thanks
    steve

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found that copying my php_mysql.dll file directly into the C:\php folder worked for me.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy why is it not working?

Build your own Database Driven Website using PHP an MYSQL (3RD EDITION0).......When I get to page 9, number 7 I am no longer getting an error message so I guess that means that php is installed!?

On page 26 where I am shown how to do my first php script (todays date) is the next problem!! I get the following......
    Today's Date in (according to this Web server)
    Thats it.....I do not get the date displayed. why?

can someone recomend a book or some online tutorials that walk you through using php5, mysql, and dreamweaver mx?

when I type localhost in my explorer the page that loads is http://localhost/localstart.asp so the question asked before is still what I want to know...... Is asp.net conflicting with the php files and if so how do I alter it to stop? Is it a case of simply uninstalling asp.net or should I keep it there for some reason?

I can't wait to get statred learning php but all this is proving quite frustrating that I can't even start!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Many thanks to all who have helped and to this geat forum.
    steve

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

will someone please answer my question?

will someone please answer my question about asp.net and php?

I really need to move on here!!!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why wont anyone help me?

Why is everybody ignoring my post! Do people not know or what!? Please help.