SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page breaks in Mozilla/Netscape...

OK, I have changed my page for the 6 millionth time. My latest change was to my generic template. I picked up one of Pauls and it works great in IE.

http://www.evolutionmsport.com/evmCa...&products_id=1

In mozilla and Netscape the footer is a little screwey, some of my list items are goofy and the content area is messed up. Is all of this somehow related to the footer? or did I forget to clear something?

Thanks...Mike
    Evolution Motorsport
    The Performance Company

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Hi Mike,

You need to tidy that page up first as i can't see where one tag ends and another begins. DW is flagging extra or missing tags but it doesn't say where and which so you need to match them up.

Firefox 1.0 has taken to clearing all floats above it in the document when you use clear:both and not the floats in the same element. To overcome this you will need to wrap an inner element in the centre content that contains all the content. This inner element needs to be floated so that it contains all the clear statements and confines them inside the float itself. This is a new behaiviour in firefox 1.0.

I haven't looked at the footer because it depends opn wherever the missing tags should code. So if you get your page to validate then it will be easier for me to spot.

Paul

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul O'B
    Hi Mike,

You need to tidy that page up first as i can't see where one tag ends and another begins. DW is flagging extra or missing tags but it doesn't say where and which so you need to match them up.

Firefox 1.0 has taken to clearing all floats above it in the document when you use clear:both and not the floats in the same element. To overcome this you will need to wrap an inner element in the centre content that contains all the content. This inner element needs to be floated so that it contains all the clear statements and confines them inside the float itself. This is a new behaiviour in firefox 1.0.

I haven't looked at the footer because it depends opn wherever the missing tags should code. So if you get your page to validate then it will be easier for me to spot.

Paul
    Paul,

Thanks for looking at the page. I cleaned up the divs quite a bit. I converted this page from tables to divs and just replaced any cell with a div. Now I removed 75% of the div's and I seem to have something that works. I now have a whole host of other questions which I will post in a new post.

As for the floats in Firefox, that still confuses me, so I removed the offending information and will try to attack that this evening.

I managed to fix the footer by simply adding to the height of it and the clearer div, and it seems to work ok in all the browsers.

I will post my other issues in a new post for posterity.

Thanks....Mike
    Evolution Motorsport
    The Performance Company