SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IBP / Web CEO for optimizing pages (not submitting etc.): is it worth the money?

I have read many threads and reviews both here at SP and on other sites about IBP and Web CEO, but still cannot make up my mind.

What I want is a tool that helps me optimizing my pages by providing as much useful information as possible, e.g.:

• KEI (keyword effectiveness index)
    • keyword weight
    • keyword density
    • link text etc.
    What I do not need / want is a tool that

• submits to search engines
    • checks the ranking
    • edits my META tags
    • uploads my pages etc.
    Both tools offer many services that I do not want and I know that can get most of the information to optimize my sites for free. I consider using a tool, because it is convenient and saves time (I do not need to use several free programs, just one paid program to get all the information I need).

Do you think it is worth getting one of the programs for optimization only (no need for all the other tools)?

If yes, do you prefer IBP or Web CEO for optimization?

I had the impression that IBP might offer more help with optimizing your pages, but the demo version is too limited to judge this...

As Web CEO has a special offer, the price is also very similar to IBP.

Thanks a lot for your opinion!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile software for optimizimg pages

do you really believe that any software can do the job perfectly? i think you better do it yourself.
    look at the tool: http://www.web-inspect.com/search-en...reparation.php - enter the url of your site and you will receive analysis and see if it's ready for the search engines. I think, you will be able to do the changes at the site - this will save you a lot of money and will give you more results.

Helen Koshkina
    http://OxygenWorks.net
    marketing@OxygenWorks.net

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Helen,

thanks a lot for the link - nice site!

No, I don't think that some software can do the job, that's not what I want. But tools can help me to do a better job. The site you mentioned is also a tool like Web CEO and IBP and gives you information about your page which you yourself then use to improve the page.

I often use several different online tools to improve my pages and thought that I might save some time by using one single tool. But the IBP demo version is too limited to make a good judgement and I was hoping to get some feedback.

SitePoint Evangelist Expressweb's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think web ceo 5 can fullfill your requirements .. but as far as seo is been concern its depends onthe person using the software and how !

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    pixelcop,

I was curious to find out which one you chose in the end? I'm also trying to decide between IBP and Web CEO.. like you to save time. I prefer IBP's "Top 10 Optimizer", but I like Web CEO's Link options.. as well as the keyword research, although I hear it's not really accurate. Do you know if Web CEO also has monthly fees? Let me know what you decided please and why... and are you satisfied with your choice?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been using web ceo for a few months now and I really like it. It doens't cost monthly unless you subscribe to the stats package. Which is just website tracking and helps you calculate ROI. The latest version of web ceo comes with a scheduler which I am liking. You used to have to run the reports which could take a while. Now I just set it up to run once a week and look at it every monday. Also I have had good support with them. Everytime I have asked something I usually get a response in a few hours.
    Thanks Eric.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by teka
    pixelcop,

I was curious to find out which one you chose in the end? I'm also trying to decide between IBP and Web CEO.. like you to save time. I prefer IBP's "Top 10 Optimizer", but I like Web CEO's Link options.. as well as the keyword research, although I hear it's not really accurate. Do you know if Web CEO also has monthly fees? Let me know what you decided please and why... and are you satisfied with your choice?

Thanks!
    Hi Teka!

Sorry for being so late, but I took 2 days off ...
    In the end I decided to buy none of the tools. Instead I bought Aaron Wall's seobook and Sitepoint's own Search Engine Marketing Kit. Money well spent.

Both are a great help for me and confirmed my suspicion that I do not need any tools. Instead, I should better follow some simple rules when copywriting and designing the pages, offer fresh and useful information and spend much time getting good backlinks and improve my copywriting.

If there is a software I would buy now, it might be a linking tool for finding new and useful link partners and keeping track of my linking strategy, but I'm not sure about that either ...