Thread: mp3 media

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy mp3 media

hello everyone,

i've put a media mp3 file on one of my web page, but when i browse at localhost it says,

unable to find plugin that handles this media type, dreamweaver looks both in the "configuration/plugin" folder, and the plugins folder of each of your installed browsers.

if i test the mp3 on a browser without apache it plays the sounds music, but if i test at localhost it doesn't play any sounds at all.

can anyone please help, it will be much appreciated.

thanks in advanced.

coco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't worry too much about it not playing locally... if you have any server-side script it won't work unless it's coming off of a server.

How do you have the mp3 embedded? You could always make a flash file out of it. Then it would work in both cases.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emstro
    Wouldn't worry too much about it not playing locally... if you have any server-side script it won't work unless it's coming off of a server.

How do you have the mp3 embedded? You could always make a flash file out of it. Then it would work in both cases.
    hi emstro,

thanks for your reply,

i am a bit confused about the side server script, well it did work before with apache server, how i embedded the mp3 is that in dreamweaver i click media, then choose the audio file in my htdocs, and click ok, it's as simple as that but for some reason it doesn't work anymore but i am investigating further, i know it does work, it's something to do with the plugin that handle mp3 file.

thanks

coco