SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What happened with the WrestleTicker?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • It worked and I like it

0 0%
  • It worked and I hate it

0 0%
  • It didn't work but I like it anyway

0 0%
  • It didn't work and I'm angry as all get-out

0 0%

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy!

We have WrestleStock - The Wrestling Stock Exchange -- a wrestling-based fantasy stock market up and running (it's a lot of fun, I can assure you)...

We've put together a ticker that offers "stock" quotes from our database... The information is pulled from our database, so the information displayed on load is up-to-the-second...

It has worked so far on the browsers we've tested, but we need a bigger sample...

If you'd be so kind, please go to http://www.wrestlingstockexchange.com/ticker/ and let us know if it works for you or not...

ALSO, we want to develop a way for other sites to have the Ticker on their site... Any suggestions for the best direction to go with this?

And while you're at it, if you wouldn't mind, please let us know what you think of http://www.WrestleStock.com.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks quite professional, and it might just be me, but I didn't get it.

I eventually got an idea of what was going on in the FAQs but I think you're over-estimating the average web attention span if you expect most first time users to trawl the FAQs to find out why they should stay. I think you need a clear, punchy explanation 'front and center' on arrival. If you're clever, maybe you could detect first-time users and show them a different entrance to repeat offenders
    Alex Walker
    SitePoint Developer
    SitePoint - Learnable