SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Object-Oriented Design Heuristics

After a search for a new book to buy (gotta love reading ), I found a book titled: 'Object-Oriented Design Heuristics'.

This book covers the subject of judging a design, in the form of guidelines to help you do this judging.

This is a rather rare topic I think (I never seen it before), which is really an important aspect in determining if you made the right design trade-offs.

The problem is, I can't really tell how the book presents this guidelines, and if the guidelines are really of any use to me. The 'table of contents' is a little strange. But maybe thats just because it does not seem to cover the aspects I would imagine when someone tells about judging a design. Maybe the guidelines are more ment to the extreme novice designers, who want to be able to examine their very first design.

So my question is: Does anyone know/has this book, or knows if its any good? The book may seem like a must have, based on the subject it covers.

(link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...595632-2715906 )

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I came across OOD Heuristics a few months ago but I didn't pay too much attention to it. Not sure about the book your looking for (?) but if I come across the links I had I'll post them here for you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe it's a good book, but relatively old. I would recommend Robert C. Martin's book Agile Software Development... instead. You can find it at http://www.objectmentor.com. Unless you've already read it, of course.
    Dagfinn Reiersøl
    PHP in Action / Blog / Twitter
    "Making the impossible possible, the possible easy,
    and the easy elegant"
    -- Moshe Feldenkrais

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh that books seems absolutely great, it covers most of the aspects Ive been wondering about. Now I see the title, I can remember it beeing mentioned a couple of times on these forums, I don't understand why I didn't look it up by that time. Thanks for mentioning it again, it seems a more than reasonable choice instead of design heuristics.

Any comments on the heuristics book are still appreciated, to hold the book as an option to buy in the future