SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestions for Selling Photos Online?

hello all,

I've got a photography site that I'm trying to increase sales on ( http://www.windowsofnature.com ) and was looking for advice to increase sales. Does anyone around here have any experience selling photographic prints that they would like to share?

Thanks.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is the traffic you get now converting?

If so,then more targetted traffic should = more sales for you.

I don't think you've given us enough details to give you a detailed response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey cutter, thanks for the concern. Some details:

- the site sells mainly framed and unframed photographic prints of wildlife and nature scenes

- the site is getting around 100 unique visits a day with around 400 page views in a day (averaging out to 4 pages per user)

- conversions are poor. the photographic prints are barely moving and lower price point items like calendars are moving only a little better

anymore details that you need?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How well are you doing at search engines? Maybe you should find more keywords to compete for. At digitalpoint, they have a handy tool (I don't remember the url but it's search suggestion tool or something like that - google check)

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using the overture search tool I found one keyword you might want to target for "framed wildlife print" Problem is, it only got 84 searches on overture search engines last month -- perhaps there will be more with christmas coming up. "wildlife print" got 11,956 -- a much better number.

Use this page: http://inventory.overture.com/d/sear...ry/suggestion/ to find more targetted keywords that people search for.

I would recommend both overture's PPC program and google adwords to get targetted traffic to your site. Converting the traffic is a different matter.

I don't know how big your budget is, but some of this you'll only be able to figure out by trial and error. Its important to be able to track which keywords bring in the most sales so you know how much you can spend bringing in your traffic. I suspect your competitor's don't want to share their secrets with you

Let me know if this helps. Its general advice, but I believe its a step in the right direction for you.

Application Developer shabbirbhimani's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't remember the url but it's search suggestion tool or something like that - google check
    Url is
    http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/suggestion/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would suggest Ebay believe it or not. A couple auctions a week with generic titles like "Nature Photography" and then some other ones with more specific titles should get you a lot of traffic. Just make sure you have a nice Ebay template that mentions your website, as well as some of your other work. I would guess this type of thing would get return clients and Ebay is perfect for that.
    Golf Outings? OutingCaddy.com
    Organize - Invite - Create Free website for your golf outing!