Thread: Shopping Cart

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shopping Cart

Hey guys,

I have a question about making a shopping cart. As far as I know, I am pretty sure I can do all the backend(adding/deleting items, selecting items, adding the prices, etc.) but my main problem is the checking out. If I have never worked with credit cards before and a client asks me to make them a shopping cart, how should I handle that. Is it easy to handle them, or do you think it won't be "safe" enough if I try to make one? If it won't be, then can I buy a credit card processing script, or something like that, and just use that with my coding for the rest of the cart?

Thanks
    Chase
    http://chaseschwalbach.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chase,

Try www.oscommerce.com. Its free, built on PHP and quite customizable. You can get the modules that will tie in with most popular credit card processors.

@

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

Thanks a bunch for the help, but what I am looking for is simply the credit card processing. I will make the front-end of the shop and the admin panel and such, but I don't know how to handle the actual transaction(Such as I can get everything so it comes out to say $156, but when they click checkout and enter their details for credit cards and such, I don't know what to do there?)

Sorry, It is kinda hard to explain, but all I am looking for is a way to handle the actual transaction...So far, all I can think of is sending it to paypal, but I would rather just be able to use/buy a script that can be integrated into the shop so it looks more "professional"
    http://chaseschwalbach.com

dooby dooby doo silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quite difficult to find something like that, I am currently looking at the paypal API to see if it can be intergrated successfully into a site I am developing. If I find anything I will let you know, also if you find anything, let me know!

SpikeZ
    Mike Swiffin - Community Team Advisor
    Only a woman can read between the lines of a one word answer.....

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The easy way is to look into some third-party credit card processor such as authorize.net or IntenetSecure. Trying to get a bank to let you process credit cards directly through some payment plug-in or SDK is like...expensive. Maybe spikeZ PayPal idea will work out.