SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are backlinks now showing up?

I have several sites with lots of back links, but when I search Google for the backlinks, they are not showing up at all.

For example -
    Your search - link:http://www.bettafish.info/ - did not match any documents.

Bettafish.info has links from many websites, including from PR5 and PR6 pages (which are supposed to get scanned by Google more often).

Also my newly acquired domain - http://www.ladcoappraisal.com - shows no backlinks. When I search Google for the name, I get many pages with links to this URL, including a Yahoo listing.

I think this happens with new domains that still don't have any PR in the toolbar. It has happened to me in the past with new websites and got fixed only with the toolbar update. Suddenly backlinks went from zero to over 500 or so...

Any other reliable way for me to measure backlinks?
    My Web Publishing Blog: B6S.net - I dofollow but don't spam!
    Follow me on Twitter
    My favorite content writer:
    Steve Snedeker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The link query in google does not work it like that since a long time. Backlinks are updated once in several months and still they only shows a small part of all backlinks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ladcoappraisal.com is a new site and have Yahoo listing? you bought an expired domain? What is the duration between expiration and your buy?

Just curious
    HostAccord - Cheap RAID 10 Webhosting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I bought an expired domain. I bought it because of all the backlinks it had listed in the domainsbot.com database. I bought it as soon as it was available - the day it expired. The site was probably down for a bit before the name expired though.
    My Web Publishing Blog: B6S.net - I dofollow but don't spam!
    Follow me on Twitter
    My favorite content writer:
    Steve Snedeker