SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have submited my website thorugh Network Solutions it cost me $30 dollars and also submitted thorugh Looksmart and payed $199..

Now I have realized that my page was not very well optimized for the results I want, I dont seem to get any traffic. I have just reconstructed the website and optimized it for search engines. I will not be submitting again through those services.. what I want to know is how long will it take until the page is re-spidered by those search engines? Do they ever recheck the page and update the infrmation of the website?

thanks for all your help.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It varies per search engine. Some claim that they re-spider every 2 weeks, but it could actually be a month or so before it is re-spidered by most, and a few months by some.

By the way, looksmart doesn't "spider" you. They have humans that check your site, and they only need to check it once. Therefore you don't need to worry about optimising for looksmart as it is up to the editors to write your description, keywords, etc...

Here is some info from LookSmart:
    I want my site to be found by using specific keywords or search terms. Why isn't my site coming up for these terms?

Looksmart does not recognize keywords, meta-tags, or any other such devices and we do not guarantee that a search will return your listing for a given keyword search. If you feel that your site has been poorly described, please be sure you understand LookSmart's policies regarding changes to listings:

Changes will be considered only if the site descriptions are factually incorrect.
    Site descriptions are written and changed at the discretion of the LookSmart editorial staff, we do not guarantee changes will be made.
    Suggestions for changes to site descriptions will only be accepted within 30 days following your acceptance into the LookSmart Network.
    After 30 days, you must use the Express Submit service, and pay the submission fee, to suggest changes to our editors.
    To suggest changes, please fill out our Suggest a Description Correction form. One of our editors will review your suggestions and take them into consideration when describing your site. We make no guarantees that any changes will be made, as our editors have final say regarding all such corrections.
    Last edited by mmj; Apr 17, 2001 at 14:21.
    [mmj] My magic jigsaw
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The Bit Depth Blog Twitter Contact me
    Neon Javascript Framework Jokes Android stuff

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

It shouldn't matter either for your listing from Network Solutions because they submit it to Inktomi and with this service your site gets re-spidered every two days.

Regards,

Jason Weinstein
    webmaster@MaximumEdge.com
    http://www.MaximumEdge.com/