User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cold Climbs review

Hi
    Well afetr a year or so i have finaly created the site i wanted, my previous site was cold-climbs.com but i just seem to have failed creating a absolute purpose for it mainly because i was thinking to big by trying to cover all aspects of ice climbing. So i have now focused my site on ice climbing in the UK only and it seems to have worked.
    I know that the header will not fit in screens 800 but i will have to live with that as i have had to set the layer of the right image absolute to prevent it from flying all over the place it does however look fine in all browsers (not sure about mac though) and larger screen resolutions
    still let me know what you think
    cheers

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Erm, what is the website? http://www.cold-climbs.com ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see the width fixed at 780px or something. The lines of text are too long to read comfortably in the articles at 1024. Links in the right column are difficult to see and turn white when visited. Underlined links which don't change after a visit would be better. Otherwise a nice looking site.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First impression: Way too many images... At least for how "blank" the template is. (http://www.coldclimbs.co.uk/).

Your column header things can be done in plain old HTML, saving lots of images. I like the overall look,but you really need a new header. Something that ties it all together. Right now the site looks like lots of separate "bits" that aren't at all tied together.

Whenever I click on something, I don't get what I expect. Climbing Events underlined dates aren't clickable. I can't get more info. Under "new for 2005", "climbing Calendar" becomes "Climbing Calendar". I didn't know it was a link, but the caps change freaked me out. That kind of thing needs to be tightened up. You need to go with what users will expect.

Navigation rollovers: Take a look at CSS-based tabbed rollovers. They'll be faster, prettier, and allow you to keep the "tabbed" look on rollover. All with less images too, which'll mean everything loads faster.
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love sites that show much content on each page, but I think maby you over do it.
    The site is a little hard to orientate in. Maby the first page could be made more generic?