SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any affiliate search programs like goto.com and searchreferral.com that allow you to customize a search box so that it looks good on your site? I don't want to use those ugly options that most programs have, because it wouldn't blend in with my site's design.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SearchReferral and SearchBucks allow this, but you must pass your customized boxes through their admin before taking them live.

You should also look at AdSearches.com (generic and custom boxes supported, as well as text links and prefills), and SearchTraffic (custom boxes and limited prefills).

In fact, almost all third-party searchbox programs support custom/unbranded boxes, but they often require that you send an example of your customization to the program's admin for approval.
    Czar - Former SitePoint Alumni

Want to make more money from your website?
    Join Geek/Talk to find out how!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition, I think SearchTraffic.com is customizable. They are the original pay-per-search company and recently gave an encouraging sign: a pay rise from 5 cents to 6 cents, however, I think the user still has to click a link on the search results page for it to count. Am I right, Czar?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are indeed right.

SearchTraffic has always allowed some degree of customization (mainly with prefills and custom colors/dimension of the searchbox). Their recent changes add co-branded search results to this.

The payrate is now 6 cents/click, with clicks counted on a second-page basis (ie user must follow one of the search results).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help guys, it looks like I'll probably be joining adsearches.com. I've got a quick question though. Do they do the same thing as searchtraffic.com and make the searches only count when a result is clicked on?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AdSearches pays on a first-click basis, with the pay rate affected by the quality of the results. Thus, if you prefill with high-bidded terms (such as "Web Hosting"), or your visitors generally search for popular terms, your multix (and payment/click) will be higher than if they all search for "Britney Spears Nude".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Czar. It looks like I'll be signing up with Adsearches.com once I get my sites back online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AdSearches are great. Best of luck with them.

...once I get my sites back online
    I can't wait. I drive a Nissan Z-car and was very keen to visit the site in your sig, but, well, there isn't much to see there right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My sites will hopefully be back online as early as tomorrow. After 2 months of trouble, everything's finally straightening out. Before you visit NissanZ.net though, the site is only about the 2003 Nissan Z right now. However, I have plans to expand it to cover all cars in the Z model line soon. I just thought that you might like to know so that you're not disappointed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, that's okay. Having fallen in love with the entire Z bloodline, I'm hoping to make the 2003 Z my next car, so your site will provide the perfect opportunity for me to druel...and pray that the online ad market picks up so that perks like that are justified.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GoClick also allows you to modify your search box and prefill it with different terms... though they offer only 0.02 CPC
    The good thing about that which I like is that along with that they offer you a pop up window which is 2.5 CPM, which is not that bad

Andy
    Internet Solutions for Your Customers, Employees, and Partners!
    www.netimpulses.com