SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pspell/windows - dictionary file location

I'm trying to use pspell (with PHPspell) for the first time.
    The pspell is working, but it's not able to find the dictionary files for some reason. I installed it on windows.

I get the error:

Warning: PSPELL couldn't open the dictionary. reason: No word lists can be found for the language "en"

When installing Aspell, it puts everything in the C:\Program Files\Aspell directory (and I installed the english language pack which installed within that same directory). I tried copying the files from the "dict" directory and the "data" directory to the directory where my test file is located, but no luck.

I can run aspell from the command prompt, and it works successfully. Lastly, I gave full permissions on the Aspell folder in the program files directory.

Does anyone know how I can get PSPELL to find the dictionary file(s).
    Thanks for any suggestions.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured out a solution to this from a post on another site (one of the php mirrors). Here's the post:

"I had the same problems after following the detailed instructions for installing on windows but was able to solve them by doing the following:

first, I copied all the files in the data directory of the aspell install (ie. C:\Program Files\Aspell\data) to a unix machine and ran dos2unix on all of the files and then copied them back.

second, added this line before the pspell_new("en") call
    pspell_config_create("en");

hope this works for you too."