Results 1 to 8 of 8
Thread: Defining functions...
Apr 17, 2001, 06:25 #1
- Join Date
- Oct 1999
- Dublin, Ireland
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Hi fellow server side scripters
I'm very new to PHP and am working on creating a form that uses PHP.
Basically what i'm hoping to do is:
- Check if the submit button has been pressed or not.
- Check that a valid email address format has been entered.
- If the submit button has not been pressed (ie. it's the first visit to the page) then produce the form fields.
- If the form has been filled out and the page submitted, populate the appropriate areas with the details submitted.
- Once all details have been verified as correct, submit the info again, but this time the script emails myself with the info and also emails the $email with the similar info but an extra paragraph or two and also reload the page with the submitted details, plus a thank you note.
My questions are:
- I should do this all on the same page or not?
- How do I differenciate between the first submit button and the second one?
- How should I setup the script to send 2 different emails to me and the person that filled out the form?
If there is anything else you feel I should do with this script please post it here.
I hope I explained myself clearly and concisely