SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all.

We've been happily using ValueClick to serve our CPC ads for the last 2 years now, but we've just started to run some tower-ads for site content. (If you want to take a look, please visit the site at http://www.simracingworld.com), and we want to put some CPC adverts into these.

However, we are having problems finding anyone that will support them. Our current advert size is 120x500, though we can change that to fit other sizes.

ValueClick do other sizes than 468x60, but they don't run any tower-ads yet. We are currently running at 250,000 pageviews / month, so there shouldn't be any problems with "minimum inventories"

I was just wondering whether anyone knows of any reputable networks that offer those sort of sizes.

Any response is appreciated.
    Paul Tomlinson
    SimRacingWorld Network - http://www.simracingworld.com
    SimRacingWorld - Advertise

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think many reputable ad networks are doing tower ads yet. Obviously, DoubleClick is, and About's Luna is running them, but them set aside I know Advertising.com recently started supporting towers, but I think that's about it for now ...

Have a great day,

Mike
    Mike Ossendrijver
    Sales, AdSensor - Quality Online Marketing
    mike@adsensor.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Advertising.com very recently announced they now offer and support tower ads. In addition to that, CJ.com offers a good amount of tower-sized ads. Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that!

Ok, I've put in an application for advertising.com.
    However, on visiting the site I wasn't completely sure of how it runs / works. Is it all remotely hosted advertising (like ValueClick) and on a CPC model?? I might have just missed it somewhere on the site though

Thanks for your help guys.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not quite sure what you mean with "remotely hosted advertising" - but if you mean advertising.com serves banners from their own servers, centralized, yes, they do

Advertising.com pays either CPM of CPC, depends on the campaign - I think CPC would be the majority...

Have a great day,

Mike
    Mike Ossendrijver
    Sales, AdSensor - Quality Online Marketing
    mike@adsensor.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Engage Media recently announced that they intend to support the IAB's new ad sizes, including the skyscrapers. While not active yet, they are requesting calls of interest be made by their publishers in order to gauge how much inventory they will have available as they push the new creatives to advertisers.
    Czar - Former SitePoint Alumni

Want to make more money from your website?
    Join Geek/Talk to find out how!