SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Need to read strings from message board or forum made in php!

Hy, Im extremely new to Php and I have a question on programming with php.

I am creating a message board and I want to find a way so that whenever I post a message in the message board (and the message is a question where I'm expecting a Yes/No answer from the other users) I can retrieve the Yes/No answer from each specific user and increment a value for each yes and for each no answer.

This value is gonna act like a statistic of people who answered Yes or No which I will be displaying on another web page.

I know its a very general question but if someone could tip me off on where I could find info on this sort of programming... (sounds like OOP) I would really appreciate it.

Also, is there an easy already made php message board out there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, in a message board you would have to store each individual post by a user so you would most likely be working with the yes or no as a post to make it easier. Just have it as a different type of post that is not visible and does not add to their post count.
    PHP: Pills Help People
    ---
    weird-one.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure if I understand what you want, but do you want to know whether someone answers to the question with a "yes" or "no" and then have a counter incremented? Use strpos() on the post and check if the post contains "yes" or "no".