SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vertigoskateandsnow.com more help (revisations)

You have been very helpful. Some things that am planning on changing soon is getting rid of the beveled prices, making an order form in excel, removing the bop sounds even though there was little talk about it i just find them annoying, and getting rid of the boxes coming down from the top after the intro, i also plan on getting rid of the wavering boxes the same time that i stop the boxes from comming down. I have this site posted on a couple of other sites and most of the other things mentioned have contradictory results including removing the intro. As far as the flat prices what do you recommend to make them for visually appealing (link to new prices image is below )? Thanks again. www.vertigoskateandsnow.com/prices.htm

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your skip intro butten seems to take longer to work then the intro takes to load

I dont understand this url? http://www.vertigoskateandsnow.com/prices.htm are you asking for a review on the images, if so they look ok.

I see you are useing stat counter thats a good thing but you have the same problem i have and that is to get rid of the transferring data from stat counter thing, some people think this is a spyware program and they do not like this.

Odd thing is the site does not seem to work for me after i click skip intro??

I viewed the site with firefox and 1024x768 res.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really like the price image - the clothing doesn't stand out very well against a dark grey back, and the green and black just clash with that grey.

Off the top of my head - maybe try a white background, with a yellow/orange price font (with a black shadow). Could look more professional and easier to see.

Setting up a connection... mgyth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, loosing the intro, replacing it with a neat preloader, would really make the site look alot more professional.
    Also increasing the framerate of the flash movie will make the animations look alot more smoth, maybe try experimenting with some "easeon" actionscripting, that would make the site look awsome, the green fonts got to go, but I guess you know that by now, I would reccomend a small and neat pixel font, try some of the free ones at FFF.com.
    If the images could appear to be more static (not moving around so much, when navigating on ur site, that to would look alot better.
    The concept of the page is great and the end result I'm sure will look great..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice idea for the intro but I feel the intro looks a little cheep in execution.

I like the way the images drop down to form your shop.But the tpography on the actual items is a little dodgy ,and uneven.
    The site junders around a bit when you rool over items, some things seam to shift around the screen a little.
    When you rool over an item the picture starts to grow, then at the end it turns into a slightly different picture , which again looks a little cheep.
    Good idea though just more work on the execution to make it look more professional.
    Viewed with Safari on an emac.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way to slow mate