SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry for ALL THE THREADs i'm posting, but i'll try to reduce the number of threads by asking many questions in one thread !
    isn't that good BC / Justin / ..... and all the rest who used to critise me?

1)If i create in one page of my site a 100% frame,to hide an unwanted url, i'm i obliged to create all the site with a 100 %frame ?

2) if i wright a text with a font like thundergod or webminister, can every one see it?, or won't cause problems with different browsers???

Brian
    Sorry for all those threads, but i have MANY MANY MANY problems, as u can see

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy TheOriginalH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Answer to question 1:

Create your frameset (consisting of 1 frame set to 100%), with the default page being the "index" page of your site.

All other pages within your site, provided the links are either not attributed, or attributed (target="_self"), will appear in your original frameset. Only if you attribute, for example target="_blank" will this integrity be broken.

All pages will be viewable if the exact url is put in however.

Question 2:

No bugger will be able to see those fonts unless they have them installed, the browser will simply choose one it has which is "close", or guess if if hasn't got the foggiest.

Hope that helps

H
    ~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    regarding your FONT problem:

the only way your visitors can see the font is if they have the particular(s) font on their computers as well.

there is a way that you can autoinstall/load the font when they enter your site so that they can see the material in the particular font.
    in persuit of world domination...uhh..for the better!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh...and, I don't think that there will be any browser problems, as in compatibility wise..as long as your visitors have the font installed..or you cache the font for them.
    in persuit of world domination...uhh..for the better!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by koolbrian
    if i wright a text with a font like thundergod or webminister, can every one see it?, or won't cause problems with different browsers???
    only if they have the font as specified by the previous posts.
    iwould reocmmend you use another font, or doing it in an image. you would save more time trying to get the font embedded. furthermore, i think its only supporte din IE. I cna't remember the link offhand form micrsoft..anyone have any idea?

if I'm correct also, CSS 2 or CSS3 allow yuou to embed fonts..then again..there's theproblem of incompatibility among th ebrowsers.

Originally posted by koolbrian

Brian
    Sorry for all those threads, but i have MANY MANY MANY problems, as u can see
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
    -- Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry but i didn't understand the frame answers.
    Maybe i should re-say the question.
    I created a page with a 100% frameset, (2 frames) to hide an unwanted url like http://www.areacool.badurl.free.com , .........,but i would like that when the user clicks on a link on that page, it doesn't stay in that same frame. U see, as if it reloads all. Kinda break the frames, and create xxx frames of the new link he clicked.

Sorry, it's very confusing, i couldn't make better my explanation

Brian