SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist Expressweb's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Client is not paying the cost

One of my client of seo is denying to pay the balance amount for seo . Now i want to block his website to appear in Yahoo / Msn / Hotbot/ Lycos / and al the other search engines on which website is running and gaining traffic .

As a seo i can say that robots.txt can disaalow the robots and spiders to crawl the website in their next visit .

any othe solution from yourside can be ...?

Intoxicated with the madness petertdavis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's a good idea for you to take action like that. It would probably be illegal. Instead, think of this as a hard lesson, and try to figure out how you can avoid this in the future. Perhaps you need to make adjustments in the manner you use to accept payments? take a deposit up front? Was the customer unhappy, is that why they don't want to pay?
    Peter T Davis

I buy forums - PM me if you're selling.

3MTA3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by petertdavis
    I don't think it's a good idea for you to take action like that. It would probably be illegal. Instead, think of this as a hard lesson, and try to figure out how you can avoid this in the future. Perhaps you need to make adjustments in the manner you use to accept payments? take a deposit up front? Was the customer unhappy, is that why they don't want to pay?
    I agree 100%. I would definately want to find out the reason for them not paying, then see if you can't work out a deal with them. Some is better than none. Just my 2 cents...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Matter is simple that what i offer them the submission and ranking on yahoo and msn and the website is doing soo , Now the client is saying that he is not having any profit from the marketing from my side , website is also on top ranking on 35 small keywords on Google .

This proejct is very low cost Rs 5000/- or $100/- in which he has paid the 35% of the cost now he is denying for payments ..

for courtesy I optimized website for keywords on Yahoo like " India marriage bureau "
    and others

My work was to market the website on search engine , work is completed ! what else he needs now !

If the website is not having visitors on such high competition of 182,000 that's not my problem , website is there listed , because what i belive that we are marketing people we can't sure anyone that after marketing from our side the product will gain customers .

Such as daily we seen thousands of advertizements on variopus tv channels but we purchase few of them , a marketer can sure on making a product familiar with customers or visitors but can't sure on selling part because its all about potential of the product .

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a bunch of web design/ seo clients who basically ripped me off

I don't think their much you can do, if you still host the site you can turn it off

People think that is bad to do, but hey try not paying your electric bill or cable or any other service see what happens.

Do you think if you turn their site off they arn't goign to send any referals, guess what, they wern't going to anyway

I have had one seo client how stopped paying because her site didn't produce, and it was ranked quite well for her keywords. It was mostly just a bad choice of key words. I contacted her numerous times and eventually shut her site off.

Was there anything in the contract you didn't deliver?

Forum Buyer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with everyone above about holding off on the harsh actions.

It looks like your client is indeed ripping you off but did you spell out the terms of your agreement in the contract? Do you even have a contract?

A contract can serve many purposes other than just ensuring both parties understand the terms of their agreement. It should also contain the both party's name, address, and phone number so that the whole transaction isn't so.. anonymous. You could then fax or email the contract between the 2 for signatures validating it and giving you a legal leg to stand on.

If you had a contract with the information listed above you could be calling the person and working it out over the phone. Sometimes phone conversations are more easily interpreted than email and chat conversations and can turn out to be more productive. Also emotions are carried over a lot better over the phone.
    Founder/Admin of a pretty decent chat forum
    Download free winterboard themes for your iPhone
    I run sites powered by vbulletin and one about the HTC Jetstream.

SitePoint Addict photoshopfreak's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shut em down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this the first time ,when any client of mine is doing soo ...

What i have adopted a procedure that to send him 3 E-mail notices , adter not getting any payment until 3rd Notice , He will be informed by a written notice and website will be shtdown .

is there any kind of internet laws in this concern ?

I think if there are laws for cheated customers then there must be law for cheated services providers .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest u shut that b**** off !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Expressweb
    is there any kind of internet laws in this concern ?
    There may be laws in your country, but I would think you would need to have got him to sign a contract before.

There arent any internet laws though I dont think...