0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey,
    i trying to insert the mail login from the main page,u know the
    username |--------|
    Password |--------|
    |--Login--|

and it never worked. I went to everyone.net and took the login code from them, and everytime, i pressed on the login, after putting my username and password,it auto send me to the login page at everyone (areacool.mail.everyone.net).I've made some test and found that it were the button. With the "submit" button, it worked fine, but when i changed the submit button to an image

<input type="image" src="login.gif"............

it didn't work. It sent me to the areacool.mail.everyone.net login page again.What's the problem?, is it normal ?, i'm i obliged to put the button? not the image ?

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as always..the code would be useful =)
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
    -- Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably because the button is not defined as a submit button. You could use javascript to submit the form when you click the button.

<input type="image" src="img.gif" onClick="document.frmname.Submit();">

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok,ok,ok,
    i can't handle it anymore, it's all WRONG, as i told u before, i'm trying to put the login (mail) in the main page of my site .
    Here is the good code, that when somebody enters his/her username and password (ggod) , they go directly to their inbox

<div id="Layer7" style="position:absolute; width:200px; height:115px; z-index:64">
    <table width="47" border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" height="65" bordercolor="#000000">
    <tr align="center" valign="middle">
    <td height="69">
    <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
    <form name="login_form" action="http://areacool.mail.everyone.net/email/scripts/loginuser.pl" method="post">
    <tr bgcolor="#0066FF">
    <td colspan="2" height="3"><font color="#FFFFFF" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Email
    Login</font><br>
    <input type="text" name="loginName" size="15" value="" maxlength=32>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr bgcolor="#0066FF">
    <td colspan="2" height="2"><font color="#FFFFFF" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Password</font><br>
    <input type="password" name="user_pwd" size=15 maxlength=32>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr bgcolor="#FF6600">
    <td height="2">
    <input type="submit" name="login" value="Login">
    </td>
    <td height="2" nowrap><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="#FF6600" size="1">New
    users</font><br>
    <a href="http://areacool.mail.everyone.net/email/scripts/useragreement.pl"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="#FFFFFF" size="1"><b>sign
    up</b></font></a><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="#FFFFFF" size="1">!</font></td>
    </tr>
    </form>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

</div>

, and when i change the text area with the style="BORDER-TOP................. it doesn't work, it redirects me to the login page http://www.areacool.mail.everyone.net.
    same for the submit button, when i change the submit button, it redirects me to http://www.areacool.mail.everyone.net. .
    Same for the password text area it redirects me to the login page http://www.areacool.mail.everyone.net.

So, i've conluded that it was the changing of the text area and submit button that made all things go wrong.
    So i've decided to change only the

1)text area

<table width="47" border="1" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" height="65" bordercolor="#000000">
    <td height="69">
    <form name="login_form" action="http://areacool.mail.everyone.net/email/scripts/loginuser.pl" method="post">
    <tr bgcolor="#0066FF">
    <td colspan="2" height="3"><font color="#FFFFFF" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Email
    Login</font><br>
    <input type="text" name="loginName" size="15" value="" style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px dotted; BORDER-TOP: #000000 1px dotted; FONT-SIZE: 10px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px dotted; COLOR: #3366FF; BORDER-BOTTOM: #000000 1px dotted; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr bgcolor="#0066FF">
    <td colspan="2" height="2"><font color="#FFFFFF" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Password</font><br>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr bgcolor="#FF6600">
    <td height="2">
    </td>
    <td height="2" nowrap><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="#FF6600" size="1">New
    users</font><br>
    <a href="http://areacool.mail.everyone.net/email/scripts/useragreement.pl"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="#FFFFFF" size="1"><b>sign
    up</b></font></a><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" color="#FFFFFF" size="1">!</font></td>
    </tr>
    </form>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

2) then the password area

<td height="69">
    <tr bgcolor="#0066FF">
    Login</font><br>
    <input type="text" name="loginName" size="15" value="" style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px dotted; BORDER-TOP: #000000 1px dotted; FONT-SIZE: 10px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px dotted; COLOR: #3366FF; BORDER-BOTTOM: #000000 1px dotted; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr bgcolor="#0066FF">
    <input type="password" name="user_pwd" size=15 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px dotted; BORDER-TOP: #000000 1px dotted; FONT-SIZE: 10px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px dotted; COLOR: #3366FF; BORDER-BOTTOM: #000000 1px dotted; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr bgcolor="#FF6600">
    <td height="2">
    </td>
    users</font><br>
    </tr>
    </form>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

3) then the submit button

<td height="69">
    <tr bgcolor="#0066FF">
    Login</font><br>
    <input type="text" name="loginName" size="15" value="" maxlength=32>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr bgcolor="#0066FF">
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr bgcolor="#FF6600">
    <td height="2">
    <input type="submit" name="login" value="Login" style="BORDER-RIGHT: #9ab5c3 2px solid; BORDER-TOP: #9ab5c3 2px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10px; BORDER-LEFT: #9ab5c3 2px solid; COLOR: #346a86; BORDER-BOTTOM: #9ab5c3 2px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff">
    </td>
    users</font><br>
    </tr>
    </form>
    </table>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </table>

4) then the 2 text areas (password and username)

and it ALL DIDN'T WORK!!!!!!
    it's crazy , could someone , knowing html, explain me what happened, and please READ CAREFULLY THE CODE!!!,

Brian

Ps: Please HELP ME!!! I answered you'r questions !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,

No reason to get into such a frenzy! lol..
    I've tested it on my own computer..and it works...

So here's the code.

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    input.submit { BORDER-RIGHT: #9ab5c3 2px solid; BORDER-TOP: #9ab5c3 2px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: bold; FONT-SIZE: 10px; BORDER-LEFT: #9ab5c3 2px solid; COLOR: #346a86; BORDER-BOTTOM: #9ab5c3 2px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff }
    input.pwd { BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px dotted; BORDER-TOP: #000000 1px dotted; FONT-SIZE: 10px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px dotted; COLOR: #3366FF; BORDER-BOTTOM: #000000 1px dotted; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff }
    input.user { BORDER-RIGHT: #000000 1px dotted; BORDER-TOP: #000000 1px dotted; FONT-SIZE: 10px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 1px dotted; COLOR: #3366FF; BORDER-BOTTOM: #000000 1px dotted; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff }
    </style>

<td height="69"> 
    <tr bgcolor="#0066FF"> 
    Login</font><br> 
    <input class="user" type="text" name="loginName" size="15">
    </td> 
    </tr> 
    <tr bgcolor="#0066FF"> 
    <input class="pwd" type="password" name="user_pwd" size="15">
    </td> 
    </tr> 
    <tr bgcolor="#FF6600"> 
    <td height="2"> 
    <input class="submit" type="submit" name="login" value="Login"> 
    </td> 
    users</font><br> 
    </tr> 
    </form> 
    </table> 
    </td> 
    </tr> 
    </table>
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
    -- Albert Einstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey thanx mate, so it was all about CSS style !

incredible!

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey can u do the same with my search box, with same button, and same text area,

BRian
    Thanx!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey guyz,
    tomorrow i'm getting operated in my feet. Hope all goes well!
    tomorrow at 7:30 AM ,(+4:00 GMT).

Just wanted u to know

Brian