SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Content/Design intertwine with SE results?

Hey, I have a client, whom owns a local real estate company.

I am thier SEO manager, I have to get them 1000 visitors a day by february, currently they get around 50 a day.

Should I worry about thier content and design? Or should I just focus on thier heading tags and what matters for SEO like keywords etc?

The site: 911home dot com

Should I even try to change thier look in the whitespace?

Thanks,
    Amirsan.
    Strategic Command Center

"What's a small napoleon and where would i find one"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes worry about content! If you want visitors to keep coming back there better be a reason for them to return.

Intoxicated with the madness petertdavis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a tall order to fill. 1000/day is around 300,000 people a month, over three and a half million people per year. Are you sure there are even that many people in the Waterbury/New Haven area, let alone that number who wants to look for real estate information on the web? Even if you get every single person to come back to your site ten times during the year on average, you still have to reach something like 350,000 people.
    Peter T Davis

I buy forums - PM me if you're selling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes worry about content! If you want visitors to keep coming back there better be a reason for them to return.
    So I as an SEO manager should maintain the actual pages and redesign it? I believe the structure of the site is a mess, should I just suggest the owner to work on that, and I conecntrate on the SEO?

That's a tall order to fill. 1000/day is around 300,000 people a month, over three and a half million people per year. Are you sure there are even that many people in the Waterbury/New Haven area, let alone that number who wants to look for real estate information on the web? Even if you get every single person to come back to your site ten times during the year on average, you still have to reach something like 350,000 people.
    Yeah, its a challenge. Btw its 30,000 a month. Waterbury has a population of around 100,000. However, the website targets waterbury home-owners but new england buyers. So we have a bigger target market then you may think.
    Strategic Command Center

"What's a small napoleon and where would i find one"