SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Adult product, no nudity or people, need CC processor

I am thinking of representing a friend of mine who manufacturs an adult-oriented product. His web site has no graphic content, simply pictures of the product, not in use or anything. The product sells for $800 and up depending on options. He wants to be able to accept credit cards online. Can anyone recommend a CC processor for this situation? Thank you all.

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it is what I think it is Amazon sells them, Drugstore.com sells them, Beauty.com sells them.

Of course they're big companies and their banks aren't going to lose their business over such a product. Still, you might be able to use pretty much any processor.

With such a high item price you'll want a real merchant account. I use authorize.net as my gateway and global payments is my processor.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

He's No Good To Me Dead silver trophybronze trophy stymiee's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You should be able to get a true merchant account but it won't be as easy as a biz that sells sweaters. The fact that it is an adult product and high ticket makes it a higher risk account and that will turn off a lot of processors but not all of them. Your friends personal credit is going to be a huge factor in the setup of his account. If he's got good credit he shouldn't have too many problems (maybe even none). If he hasn't paid his bills since Woodstock he hasn't got a prayer of getting an account with competitive rates and might have to settle for an adult merchant account which charge through the nose.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ccbill.com is quite popular with adult sites