SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, I'm posting this following message in all of my post so far on this board:

"I'm new to PHP" - newbie.

well, anyway..since I'm a newbie to PHP..I don't much of the Popular premade PHP scripts.

I do know of few...well, this forum for one (vBulletin), PHP-Nuke, phpAds, phpMyAdmin (database thingie)

what I was hoping to know, is of, any image gallery PHP script that is near qualtiy of imageFolio (cgi) script. A professional script, but in PHP, where it would be faster...and easier to cumstomize.

and, I would also appreciate if you guys can link me to any other cool scripts outhere...

Thanks in advance!!
    in persuit of world domination...uhh..for the better!

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well try www.hotscripts.com

in my search for an image gallery i found none, and went with imagefolio, it was the best out there i could fine. phpmyphotoalbum or something like that i can't remember where was quite good but not what i wanted (did not do thumbnails automatically).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been to the hotscripts.com site tons of times.

I've beeen through Image Gallery dir in PHP.
    none of them look or sound professional.

I know of a site, where they use "phorum" they did an add-on where the users can upload images and it creates thumbnails..and displays corresponding html.

auto thumbnails was something that I would consider a PLUS..but manual has it's advantages also..both in one script (having option) would be good.

thanks anyway!

ps. do you have the latest version of imageFolio..and what;s you verdict on it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yeah.....one more thing.

I've been to hotscripts.com BUT, I'm just asking for a little heads up on the most popular PHP scripts..commercial too. They have a "TOP rated" And Top/popular scripts section but mostly...popular scripts are not the only good ones out there.

some of the popular ones listed are actually sometimes pretty crappy, no offense to the devs out there.

take PHP-Nuke...I found it when I was looking for a news script. This is a really good script for news. But, is it me or does it have one too many features?? It is cluttered!

I guess the who develops it includes any and all the mods that others create.

Even if I wanted to modify this script...I'd go insane because each file has like 1100 lines.

I suppose it is a really good script that wants to create a website on the fly!

well, any way...thats my 2 cents.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a lot of the best commercial scripts out there at the moment do tend to be cgi but this will slowly change I think. A lot of the best php code out there is not for general release, people make it for their own site only. There are an awful lot of "bits of code" out there that people use to make their own powerful scripts but not as many in the way of killer scripts.

Vbulletin is i would think the best php script i have found out there and perhaps one of the few that beats all the cgi options.

p.s. i agree with out about php-nuke, i have quite a dislike of it and avoid most sites that use it (my opinion). it attempts to do too much and not doing anything "really" well.