SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple way to Amazon

I want to make a link on a site that will point to a certain item on Amazon. Do I have to slog through the whole AWS and sign up for an account or is there a simple way to just make a link that says:

<a href="Amazon.com/(search for my book)">

If there is nothing like that, can someone point me to a resource that describes the simplest way.
    Thanks for any help.
    B

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if you've only got one book on Amazon just provide a direct link to it. Go to the book on amazon and then copy and paste the URL into your web pages link.

example:

<a href='http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1552095460/qid=1100261190/sr=2-1/ref=pd_ka_b_2_1/104-5011176-8582352' target='_blank'>Here is my book</a>

If you want to link to a set of books based on search results do the search on amazon and copy and paste the url:

<a href='http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/ref=s_sf_b_as/104-5011176-8582352' target='_blank'>Books by Tolkien</a>

Why don't you also sign up as an amazon affiliate and you'll get a further percentage of every book sale from visitors you refer to Amazon. After all they may purchase a few other books as well as yours in one visit.

I know my other half always buys moe than one

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The second method you mentioned of saving a link after doing a search is what I wanted to do but it doesn't seem to work. Try pasting that into a new browser window and Amazon doesn't understand.