SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

viral marketing? where do I look if I am wanting to get in on it?

I am very talented. I know how to design addictive games. both for online as well as offline. but, I have NO connections to any place that does stuff like this. I want to keep my freelancer status as I like it. Does anybody know of anybody who might be able to point me in the right direction? I dont know where to look....

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a few high traffic entertainment sites. Can you do flash at all or is it strickly games that you do?
    Opt-Media.com
    Optimize Your Revenue

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of money are you looking to earn?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm always looking to buy exclusive rights to flash games and/or commision ones to be made for me. PM me.
    Sean Spurr @ Incka Limited
    Fun Games - put games on your site GamesForYourWebsite.com!
    Sites:ABCDEFGHIJ

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    me too, PM me, ill buy flash games.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM me too.
    mindbluff.com - Optical illusions,
    brain teasers, puzzles, free games,
    riddles and mental tricks.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM me too
    Every god falls at a mortal's hand.
    Such is the only end to immortality.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ecss_inc
    I am very talented. I know how to design addictive games. both for online as well as offline. but, I have NO connections to any place that does stuff like this. I want to keep my freelancer status as I like it. Does anybody know of anybody who might be able to point me in the right direction? I dont know where to look....

Thanks
    Viral marketing is not something you "get in on". It is something that happens naturally when you do things right. If I had created an addictive game I would impement a simple "tell a friend script" where you could invite your friends to try and beat your high-score for instance. If the game has sufficient appeal this could create a natural viral effect.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I mean is for a example. I belong to a email list called viral marketting. On there I ask questions, alot of the times I receive a response back from the poster saying there viral market program(game,ad,etc..) was developed from word of mouth from fellow programmers from other areas(like a php/web designer person they know). I am trying to find out if there are any list of companies looking specifically for people who are looking for people to impliment there idea's for viral marketing only.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe you are thinking about this the wrong way. Viral marketing is not a product along the lines of ppc advertising or ezine advertising. Viral marketing is something that happens when something that is particularly innovative, funny, interesting emerges.

This is how (for instance) hotmail grew big. These days you won't find anyone who is impressed with a new webbased mailbox. Today viral marketing is more difficult because there is further between good ideas than in the early days of the internet.

Focus on creating something that is especially interesting to the average internet user and you will see the effects of viral marketing. Although, that is easier said than done.

My whole point with this: If a such company existed, what would their angle be? I mean, if the product had sufficient appeal in itself, there would be no need for the company since the viral marketing would happen naturally. On the other hand, if the product did not have sufficient appeal their efforts to promote the product virally would be in vain exactly for that reason.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not speaking about that type of thing at all. Take for a example. I am working on a game right now. the game is designed and free to play. it is aimed at promoting a product. in this case a cereal product. the player plays a chef who collects cereal pieces that are a part of the cereal. the goal is to go to all the different levels and at the same time create a kiddie sort of puzzle. kids remember this and tell there friends about this. I happened to get selected for the job by some friends who work for the cereal company. I am trying to find out if there is any place that might specialize in this sort of advertisment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could try to contact these guys:

http://www.miniclip.com/gamesdesigners.htm
    Learn more about Solar Panel Installation