User Tag List

Thread: SE Timeout

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SE Timeout

Do search engines time out? If they do. are there ways to make sure they crawl the whole of your site?

Doing things like having your main page as index.html (rumors that search engines always look for this first, and if they cant find it and have to look for another page like .htm or .php you loose valuable crawl time)

cleaning up code so that search engines spend less time crawling each page and get to crawl more

loosen php so that having a script (.1 or more seconds to take place) will not burden search engines)

lastly, when search engines time out (if they do) what happens to the uncrawled page? is it partially indexed and can be partially searched in the search engines? I have never found a partially cached page in google...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by samson
    Do search engines time out? If they do. are there ways to make sure they crawl the whole of your site?

Doing things like having your main page as index.html (rumors that search engines always look for this first, and if they cant find it and have to look for another page like .htm or .php you loose valuable crawl time)

cleaning up code so that search engines spend less time crawling each page and get to crawl more

loosen php so that having a script (.1 or more seconds to take place) will not burden search engines)

lastly, when search engines time out (if they do) what happens to the uncrawled page? is it partially indexed and can be partially searched in the search engines? I have never found a partially cached page in google...

Sorry m8, but where are you getting the information that you're basing your assumptions on? A timeout occurs when the wait between server response and client's acception times out.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know what a timeout is, just using it as a term to describe what I just asked.

if the search engine says

sry m8 but this is taking too long. im outa here