SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question sitepoint.com uses WorldPay...

This website, sitepoint.com, uses WorldPay for its merchant account. What I dont understand is why you are not directed to the WorldPay servers as it is stated at the WorldPay website?

Also, can WorldPay automatically integrate into X-Cart so i can send the data to WorldPay instead of diverting my customers to the WorldPay site?

This is so damn confusing...

Jamie.
    Last edited by smokingkills; Nov 9, 2004 at 23:05.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, we do use WorldPay. You can apply to Worldpay to upgrade your account to "Select Invisible"; this allows direct API calls to process transactions, rather than directing the customer to their site. Contact your account manager about it.
    Wormly Server Performance Monitoring
    Don't wait for an SMS at 4am. Find out what's really
    going on and fix the problem. www.wormly.com/website-monitoring

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

Hi, yeh I have contacted WorldPay sales and technical support about API after finding some more info in the WorldPay support section.

I got this reply from tech support:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi Jamie;

Thanks for your email. As far as we know the payment method is enable on your end. There should be a Credit Card (CC) processsing option whereby you can select Worldpay and enter this id. Afterwhich you will need to set the callback url at the CMS ( https://select.worldpay.com/wcc/admin --> Installation ID --> Configuration Option )that may look like this http://yourdomain.com/[xcart dir]/payment/cc_worldpay.php. Please tick on callback enabled and callback response. Thereafter every transaction will send your customer to WorldPay to have their Credit card charge.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

It all sounds good until I get to the last sentance which was exactly the situation I did not want....well I geuss I will have to email the X-Cart team to see if it will work before I buy the cart.

Jamie.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh no...

Ok I sent an email to X-Cart support and i got a reply almost immediately. Anyway if you read the response below I think they may be misinformed themselves:

> Subject: WorldPay payment module
    > Message:
    > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    > ---------
    > Hi, I was wondering if X-Cart works with WorldPay in a way
    > that does not direct the customer to the WorldPay server to make payment.
    >
    > I would like X-Cart to send the order information directly and
    > recieve the successful payment response without leaving my own website.
    > Does this work for other X-Cart customers?
    >
    > Thanks, Jamie.
    > -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You seem to misunderstand who WorldPay payment gateway functions. You see there are so called "background"/"Server2Server" and "web"/"Web2Web" payment processors/online services.
    "background"/"Server2Server" payment processors use direct background connection so visitors do not leave your web-site at all. "web"/"Web2Web" processors redirect visitors to their own secure pages where they enter credit card info and place transaction, then they get returned to your web-site upon clicking "Complete purchase" button.

WorldPay is a "web2web" payment gateway and it REQUIRES entering customers' credit cards information on THEIR secure form. So there is no way to use WorldPay without having to redirect customers to THEIR secure form.

I hope that clarifies.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so now im ultra confused. My options are running out so if I cant find a proper merchant account X-Cart supports I might have to look for another cart that supports the WorldPay Invisible API.

Or maybe I should just move to the US (damn lucky yanks with all their merchant options). Only if I wasnt so reliant on my parents for sustenance. Oh but the day will come, mark my words, when I will rule the world.

Jamie.
    Last edited by smokingkills; Nov 11, 2004 at 00:56.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks to me lke:
    a) X-Cart have no knowledge of the existence of WorldPay's Select Invisible API

and

b) WorldPay support did not understand your tech support request.

I'd suggest you get WorldPay to agree to provide you with access to Select Invisible before worrying about cart software. If you don't have a dedicated (i.e. private and hence secure) server, I'd say your chances are very slim.
    Wormly Server Performance Monitoring
    Don't wait for an SMS at 4am. Find out what's really
    going on and fix the problem. www.wormly.com/website-monitoring

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi

Yeh, I sent WorldPay another email yesterday and I think I was very clear. I havent recieved a reply yet, although I did asked them to take their time answering my concerns.

I read the "Select Invisible" questionaire which has some pretty serious questions.

Anyway,
    Jamie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad I read this thread. I use Worldpay and had no idea there was a Select Invisible... hmmmm

(mental note to contact my rep)
    --> Food and Hospitality Directory
    --> Article Directory
    ------------------------

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi

After still looking at all my merchant options I think I will have to settle with WorldPay without the Invisible method for now. Maybe I was making too much a fuss about it. At least WorldPay has lots of options and ability to go "Invisible" when the business gets bigger.

At least I can save some money on the Secure Certificate.

Jamie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using Worldpay with oscommerce and never had a problem.
    It's pretty seemless and you can customize the payment page too.

Quote Originally Posted by smokingkills
    At least I can save some money on the Secure Certificate.
    I don't know if I would recomend that.
    Won't your customers be entering their personal information into your cart? It is advised to have that area secured
    --> Article Directory
    ------------------------

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not sure if you would need SSL for submitting shipping details. Isnt it the same when customers register an account on your site, but I dont think think you would need to secure that area. But I might be wrong.
    I assumed that only the credit card details need to be secured.

Jamie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smokingkills
    Im not sure if you would need SSL for submitting shipping details. Isnt it the same when customers register an account on your site, but I dont think think you would need to secure that area. But I might be wrong.
    I assumed that only the credit card details need to be secured.

Jamie
    Well, it's generally thought that you should secure all personal info. When you sign up for other sites, like forums you don't need to put address, phone number, etc. Besides, it gives you more credibility and trust from your visitors
    --> Article Directory
    ------------------------