Thread: Cyprus Network

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cyprus Network

Hello,

The company I work for has recently launched the beta version of CyprusNet.

This will be a network of about 200 vertical portal directories about Cyprus.
    At CyprusNet you can currently browse the top 30 directories that are almost finished, and you can also have a look at the designs of some of the websites coming up.

We would like to know what you think of our websites in terms of design and usability.

Please visit CyprusNet, and from there some of our specialized directories such as Cyprus Web Designers, Cyprus Internet, Cyprus Property Developers etc. and tell us what you think.

Your knowledgeable opinion is highly appreciated and will be taken seriously into consideration.

Thanks.
    http://www.cyprusnet.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm... Cyprusnet.com doesn't load for me. I like Cypruswebdesigners.com - quite a professional-looking portal.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plenty of content, layout seems good, nice colour blending too, the free listing graphic I don`t like, because of the colour, if it was a deep blue like the header it would fit in with the site better. I like the circle icons, well done and good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it but 2 small issues of concern. E.g. http://www.cypruswebdesigners.com/ takes a while to load especially on dialup and there are 2 dead links: images/navigation/spacer.gif and images/navigation/dots140.gif are empty cant find them.

Otherwise it looks very nice. Wish I was back in Levkosia.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree on the load time issue. All those little images for the catagories plus the graphical layout, but other than that it seems nice.

Best of luck.
    Qest

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of information, wow. To me there are a bit too many colours going on. With so much information and links I would like to see a bit more of a consistent colour theme. There are so many different blues, maybe try choosing just two, and then going with the yellow and orange OR the reds instead of both. One other thing I noticed is the featured area is squared and on portals pages the links are rounded, I think they would look better squared as well. I like the gradient shading backgrounds and the map on the header, these look great.
    Web Design Company, Misson BC Canada
    http://www.internetimage.ca

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's nice but seems a little crowded for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First impressions; I am on a website regarding everything about CYPRUS! Yes, i am stating the obvious, but you will be surprised about the number of websites on the web where u will fail to identify their purpose(s).

Ok, onto the website evaluation.

The Flash animation on the header, although it is minimal, I like it, the graphical element of the map and very educational, I know the regions/counties of your country now , is yellow for Greek-Cyprus and Orange for Turk-Cyprus, glad u joined the EU.

You need to put text near your search box on the right side of the screen, although I seems obvious to the IT literate, it isn't that obvious to the non- techie people.

You have a lot of basic imagemap elements on the site, you could evolve this further by using effects. It provides feedback to enable greater user-interaction.

You need to decide on the importance of the Google search facility on your site, either put it at the top of the site or at the bottom, not partly below the main section. Whichever way, visitors will leave our site and your great portal on everything Cyprus will not be appreciated.

Although you have organised your information and have grouped them accordingly, u could try introducing articles, sections etc. from all your other portals.

Make me want to visit your other Cyprus portal websites, try thinking of some stickiness features, i.e. newsletters, forums, etc.

Hopefully this has been a critical evaluation, I am impressed with the whole portal thing coz your sites seem to have it all.

p.s. U spelt Sign up wrong, it say’s Sing Up which gave me a chuckle
    Last edited by Jalal_UK; Nov 14, 2004 at 17:00.
    So I am wondering what you put here?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I agree with Jalal, although I like the website. it seems a bit cramped with graphics and such, but it fits nicely and the colors are great also.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the website. The links in the circles look very nice. I also like the tabs at the top of the page. Overall it is a very nice site. I cannot find anything to tell you to fix.