SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Display settings - 1024, 800, yadda yadda

Please help me! Still fairly new to web design - work for a school district so limited funds and resources also. I know before even asking this is a no brainer for probably most of you - but how do I make my site viewable in any display setting? Anything to do with PHP or CSS? Assigned a task to completely redesign district site by December 1st - bought a template - love it - but stumbling on how to acheive full screen for viewers and avoid the darn bottom scrollbar. Help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The easiest way is to set % values instead of set widths for stuff like tables/divs etc. The page will then stretch or fit into whatever resolution your user is using. It's sometimes called a fluid layout. Doesn't always work on all sites but is the easiest way to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CSS should do the trick. You shouldn't need to use PHP. If you bought a template I'm guessing that its mostly images and tables? You might run into problems if this is the case.

The University of Minnesota has a good list of CSS resources, among other things.

http://www.d.umn.edu/itss/support/Tr...ine/webdesign/