SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Burstmedia and a few other companies say that you can't put their banners on message boards or any other pages you don't control the content of.

Know any ALL CPC ad networks that let you put the ads on forums?

Or CPM/CPC.

I'd love to be able to put 20cent-30cent CPC ads on my forum pages.

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know of any networks that'll accept a purely message board site.

There are a few members who run purely message board sites and hopefully they'll come and voice their opinion - but don't get your hopes up.
    Chris Beasley - I publish content and ecommerce sites.
    Featured Article: Free Comprehensive SEO Guide
    My Guide to Building a Successful Website
    My Blog|My Webmaster Forums

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not just msg boards

my site isn't just message boards. but I'm looking for an ad network that will give me ads for my message boards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On Burst, you can have banners on your own message boards, as long as you moderate your forum so things don't get out of hand. They do not allow banners on a site that offers free message boards to their users -- like those remotely hosted boards.

However, with the frequency caps, an active message board with a lot of pageviews won't get many paid views.
    Cheese-N-Rice - A daily comic strip.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My site's message board is an ezboard.com board. But I do moderate it. But the domain it's on is ezboard.com. Am I allowed to put my BurstMedia banners on that?

Originally posted by Lorina
    On Burst, you can have banners on your own message boards, as long as you moderate your forum so things don't get out of hand. They do not allow banners on a site that offers free message boards to their users -- like those remotely hosted boards.

However, with the frequency caps, an active message board with a lot of pageviews won't get many paid views.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by cornersto
    My site's message board is an ezboard.com board. But I do moderate it. But the domain it's on is ezboard.com. Am I allowed to put my BurstMedia banners on that?
    You know, that's a good question. Truthfully, I used ezboard in my early community days before vBulletin and I did have BURST!'s banners on there, but I never did check to make sure it was allowed, even though it was moderated. They may not allow it because it's on another domain. My suggestion to you is to ask in BURST!'s member forum.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Burst won't serve ads to domains other than the one you were admitted under.
    It just serves a blank instead.
    So you can't serve ads on a message board hosted on another domain than the one you were admitted to burst with.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    firstmark - no, tha'ts not the case. the ads are loading on 2 other ezboards I see with burstmedia ads.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must need permission then because I acquired a site represented by Burst and redirect visitors to my domain and when you place Burst banners there they are blank.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be honest, I don't really believe that CPM ads are always the best way with message boards, unless you can get a high rate. I've had a lot of success with asking my users to click on banners, links etc., because they know me and the work I put into the site, and are happy to do it.

I also know that WebMasterLane (I think) has had success with search boxes on his http://www.survivor-chat.com/ board - something that I will implement soon also.

Football-Punter.co.uk
    The Punter's Lounge - the best football forum on the web.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so can anyone name the best ad network for CPC ads?

I'd join it, put the code on a FEW of my site pages but ALL of my message board pages, and ask my visitors to click.

I'm already with burstmedia and want to stick with them for the CPM, so can anyone recommend a good CPC network then?

thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ValueClick, ClickAgents, Click2Net, Advertising.com and WebsiteSponsors are the best of the CPC banner networks.

Be sure to check the terms and conditions of each of these to verify whether or not they support forum-based traffic.

Of course, you could also experiment with banners from CJ and Websponsors.com. These give you the ability to more accurately match the offers to the demographics/psychographics of your audience in order to maximise their response rates.
    Czar - Former SitePoint Alumni

Want to make more money from your website?
    Join Geek/Talk to find out how!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found CJ.com to be pretty good. I can't find any faults with it, I've always got my checks, and they work out the CPM equivalent of the money you are earning, which can be an interesting comparison.
    Football-Punter.co.uk
    The Punter's Lounge - the best football forum on the web.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on the other hand, I guess burstmedia lets you create additional ad code if you need it.

so maybe I could create a second code and just use one for CPM above-scroll and one for CPC above-scroll.

the only problem is that burstmedia can't fill my ad space anymore, they seem to cut off around 12,000 page views.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on the other hand, I guess burstmedia lets you create additional ad code if you need it.

so maybe I could create a second code and just use one for CPM above-scroll and one for CPC above-scroll.
    Huh?

You acknowledged in your first post that Burst do not allow their banners to be hosted on pages that aren't under the direct control of the publisher (such as forums, chat and freemail pages), and now you're suggesting that you will discount our suggestions and breach Burst's TOS.
    Czar - Former SitePoint Alumni

Want to make more money from your website?
    Join Geek/Talk to find out how!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh

no, I guess I forgot to mention that burst said that it's ok for sites to put their banners on their forums, even ones that are hosted elsewhere, as long as they are moderated and do not violate the code placement requirements, etc.

sorry, I'm new to discussing things this way, forgot that it's like an ongoing "conversation"