User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Table vertical align wont work correctly in IE6

Hi all,

Having some problems getting IE6 to display the main content on a site I'm working on. Using IE6, have a look here:

http://observatory.clients.bluenecta...u/weddings.php

Then have a look in another browser (i.e. firefox or opera) and you can see that the content wont vertically align to the top (it's setup simply as a table within another table's cell). It seems to be behaving as "default" or "middle" i.e. the more text/images in the content area the higher it sits on the page (have a look at some of the other pages and you can see that the content rises and falls depending on the amount of content).

Any ideas anyone??? I'm stuck.

Appreciate any help, thanks.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that it is to do with the way the text is wrapping around your tables. If you look at the width of some of your table on each page the % is displayed differently on every page ... check out the source. I wreckon that it is wrapping the content based on the size of your width and height ...

I would try and ensure that all widths/heights are the same on each page ...

let me know how you get on,

regards,

Ronan

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's only on the "home" page that the percentages are different, but I'll try fiddling with that tonight when I get home.

Thanks.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wansn't the percentages - tried that. I've ended up just adding a few "<p>"'s at the end of the shorter pages and that seems to fix it up, not really elegant though but what browser hack is?