SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is better than PayPal for small CC payments

I currently run a site that charges 1.20 via credit card using PayPal.

PayPal pay me 0.95 (80%), I am selling about 700 transactions per week.

I have looked in to setting up a WorldPay account; it all seemed good until I found they will charge me 0.50 per transaction for debit cards.

I would like to get away from PayPal because of the high fees and lack of support for many countries.

Is there any other realistic solution?

John

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Worldpay. One of the things I like about it is the recurrent feature that you can have. For instance, if someone signs up for a service that is $5 a month, it will automatically take the $5 from the card, assuming the client doesn't cancel the agreement or the card doesn't reach its expiry. It's called a Worldpay FuturePay agreement if you're interested in investigating that further.

Aaron

Intoxicated with the madness petertdavis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John McL
    I would like to get away from PayPal because of the high fees and lack of support for many countries.

For such tiny tranactions, Paypal's fees are actually lower than you'd find with other payment processors. I'd be very surprised if you found a commonly accepted payment processor that was cheaper.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with paypal being amoung the cheapest fees out there. I have looked into this myself and couldn't find any lower for our low cost transactions.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by petertdavis
    For such tiny tranactions, Paypal's fees are actually lower than you'd find with other payment processors. I'd be very surprised if you found a commonly accepted payment processor that was cheaper.
    Paypal has the most limited flexibility and reporting that I have ever seen in a processor. It is almost a joke. I would never use or recommend Paypal as a primary processor. Do you guys agree?

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite simply there is nothing better. Yahoo! just closed down its Paydirect service and is allowing Paypal on its own auction site (competing ironically with eBay). In the auction space it is estimated that 66% of all transactions are done by Paypal with other providers picking up 5.6%. The rest is done by check and western union type services.

With over 15 million users worldwide, no other service comes close to what Paypal offers.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonsez2
    Paypal has the most limited flexibility and reporting that I have ever seen in a processor. It is almost a joke. I would never use or recommend Paypal as a primary processor. Do you guys agree?
    I don't know. They certainly beat out what is provided by 2Checkout and Nova. I have used Paypal for 5 years now, transferred over $50,000 dollars in that time and never had a problem.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

SitePoint Evangelist Backlinker1's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I cannot get even close to the $50.000 but i have been using them for a year or so without any problems. I also remember that when i was first setting the account up and had a problem with the bank account details i wrote to them asking what my options were for dealing with the problem and they wrote back in only a few minutes saying they had solved the probem by changing something at their end. No problem with customer service there !!!

graham
    Regards. Graham
    Buy, Sell, Talk And Learn About Antique British Ceramics.
    Abcir.org -
    Ceramtique.com - AbcirGroupForums.co.uk

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paypal

I had a paypal account for a long, long time. Everything was fine, until I sold some things on ebay that were 10,900.00 in a week & accepted the payments through PayPal. The buyers screwed me & paypal wouldn't offer any help for me & they debited my bank account over 7,000.00 2 months AFTER the sales.

AND they LOST the information I sent them regarding the chargeback & apparently had "no record of it" when it was sitting right there in my inbox. Their support sucked. They suck. I wouldn't recommend them for anything after that experience. Especially since they're getting sued constantly, have awful support, are extremely incompetant & if you use ebay & paypal, since ebay owns paypal, they're screwing your double time with fees. I'm not into that kinda thing. But you guys can think whatever you want, I guess. But they suck in my opinion.

visit: www.paypalsucks.com & you'll get a list of other CC processors.

~ Candy